Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to be so graphic, but I was once told that if your stools (D) have what looks like an oil slick on top( like happens with me on a really bad day ) that it could be a sign of some parasite. I have had my stools checked for parasites twice in a year and each time, negative, but is it possible that these tests don't cover all parasites?After a bout of this type of D my stomach feels perfectly clear.. as if I've come to the end of the line.. at least for that day. This is so embarassing but had anyone else experienced this?Thanks, Libbys

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
There is no rule making an "oil slick" indicative of a parasite. If you had fat malabsorption, the stools would probably be bulky, malaodorous, stick to the bowl, and there would be other signs such as weight loss and anemia.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Good question. My doctor checked me for parasites too and actually found 2 kinds in my stool! It has since been cleared. I got it checked again recently and there's nothing, although I still have D and all that jazz.I trust my doctor that what I am going through is no longer because of the parasites, but just IBS. He did say that if you have a history of parasites, IBS could result even though they have been cleared..<< SiMoN >>

G

·
Parasites often go undetected in tests. I think I read that parasites are detected only about 10% of the time. It has a lot to do with their cycles.For parasites, take garlic, grapeFRUIT seed extract, pumpkin seeds, blackwalnut herb.

G

·
weeblewooble, like that name. I would imagine grapefruit extract would kill about anything. I use it when I feel a cold coming on, it works as well as antibotics but,....... it can also interfeer with some medications.------------------ Don't make ME come down there!!. GOD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.