Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
For a while I was eating a diet higher in fiber because I thought it might help me but I just went back to my regular watching-everything-I-eat-because-it-might-give-me-gas-diet because, well I have alot of gas. I don't have a problem letting it off at home, but I can't always because sometimes it's trapped. Then I walk around painful and bloated all day. And I get gas ALL day, not just after I eat. So, just because I eat something high in fiber in the morning, doesn't mean I can let all the gas out at home. Chances are I'll have gas all day. I hope that answers some of your questions.

·
Registered
490 Posts
You don't need to eat brassicas like broccoli to get fibre from veg. I eat carrots, mushrooms, leeks, peppers, courgettes, swedes and spinach, and rarely have c. I avoid gas-producing veg like beans, broccoli, peas and cauliflower as it just seems to be asking for trouble.If I have gas I usually have crampy pain as well, feel bloated, and pass loose stools every hour or so.Letting it out at home's no problem as I live alone, but I spend one or two nights a week at my boyfriend's place and I'd be mortified if I had gas there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts