Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was almost ready to get a Colostomy just so I could have a bag hidden instead of fearing the worst. I'm almost 44 and I've had this diarrhea problem since 33. It first happened when I was with my Accountant driving in downtown Phoenix. We had just eaten at at fast food place and my stomach began feeling a little queasy. I ended up throwing him out of the car and drove behind an office building (thank God for alleys) and did my business. My pants didn't make it and I ended up picking him up about 1/2 hour later. I no longer had my pants and was just left with my sweater. It was so embarrassing! But, believe it or not, we ended up getting married. I guess he took pity on me.
On the way home that same day I had another "attack" and ended up behind a gas station in a flower planter. And just before I got home (he was still in with me) I had another "attack" and ended up in the parking lot of a fast food place but couldn't go in because of the pants dilemma, so I told him to give me his pants. He was already in the back seat where he couldn't see me and he took off his pants for me to wear inside to go to the bathroom. But there was a slight problem; his pants were too small! I laugh now, but I didn't then. Anyway, I've had several "attacks" but that day was the worst. I see you guys write about food intolerances. I just went to an allergy doctor who tested me for food allergies but said I have none. Maybe it's this intolerance thing. I'm so happy to hear about this Caltrate. Tomorrow A.M. I'm sending out my accountant/husband to get it. I've tried Imodium (didn't help), Fibercon (helped a little), different diets (none seemed to help). I'm just so happy that I'm not alone in this. I just got on the Net and it's worth every penny just to find you guys. Anyway, hope you got a laugh from my incidents, especially you, Boots. When I read your "accident" story I nearly choked to death laughing. I even called in my husband to read it. He also laughed. He's happy to see I've found y'all and your recommendations about this Caltrate. We're supposed to go to D.C. next week and we both really worried what was gonna happen on the way there and back. At least we can joke about it. I had no idea that about 40 million people having this problem. That means every 5th person we pass on the street or meet during the day has this but just doesn't talk about it. Who wants too, at least face-to-face, that is. It truly is embarrassing, isn't it? Thank God I'm married. I'd hate to be single and try to explain this to a date. Although, he might have the same problem. All you singles think about that. Your date may have the same problem and same fears you do, but how do you approach the subject to alleviate the fears, that's another problem. I'm stopping with the book now. I've had to say this to get it off my chest. It's been 10 long years of Hell! But now I'm feeling better, thanks to each of you. As Scarlett O'Hara said "TOMORROW IS ANOTHER DAY".

·
Registered
57 Posts
I can totally relate to your story. My wife and I had similar explosive events, although I did not have to ask her for her pants! I started the caltrate about 10 days ago and it has been a great help so far. One in the morning and one before dinner has made me feel better. The way I understand it it helps those of us who have IBS of the "D" variety and for me it (without not getting to graphic) has made my bowel more firm and much less messy. The best news is that it, as of yet, not made me "C". I amen the fact that this BB is great. It is sad that so many persons suffer (and I do mean suffer) from this often painful and depressing condition. The best of luck with the caltrate plus!!!!!Ricky

·
Registered
500 Posts
Good Lord!! That was some attack you had. I guess it goes without saying that you now carry extra clothing with you??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad to see you found the best site for us. A lot of great info and help is found here. Ijust have to comment on your screen name, It had me rolling on the floor. Great attitude, you need it with IBS. Welcome

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was a riot (though not for you at the time) and I remember the feeling. Although I have the "C" type, big time, there are little surprises now and then. I remember a rocky ledge in Utah one night, while on vacation with my husband, a riverbank in Vermont, also while on vacation with my husband, and a parking lot in Guatemala City during the earthquake! Any port in a storm, huh? Welcome to our little home within a home. Here you will find empathy, caring and laughter. Most important, there is always someone to listen and understand.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Welcome aboard, Poopsies! I just couldn't resist putting this in, even though it is the wrong end for your story. I live in the Phoenix area and am sure glad I wasn't any where that you were that day!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.