Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,My name is Barb and I have just found this website and am so overjoyed to read your stories and not feel like I am alone. I suffer from IBS. However, I am feeling more and more that it may be this " dumping syndrome " Anywhere from 15 - 1 hour after I eat LOOK OUT! I gotta go now! It is very frustrating and is effecting my life. I was reading about blow outs. Yes, I have had a couple and the first one made me feel like I was the worst person in the world, " How could I possibly not control my bowels? " I was devestated. I talked to my Dr. about it and he reassured me that not to feel bad or guilty, it happens sometimes. I am 30 years old and had my gallbladder removed 3 years ago. This just started in October of 2003 right out of the blue! Then a whole thing started with my Fitness Club because I wanted to cancel my membership due to the fact that I cramp up when excersising and also the physcological part that what if I have a blow out in the gym. The Fitness Club has put me through the ringer because they want to know the specific reason of my medical condition and my doctor will not release that information to them because that is patient - physician confidentiallity and my Dr. says they are just trying to be difficult and just want my money. I have put stop payment on them and contacted a lawyer. I get dizzy sometimes too? I am sorry I am babbleing I am just so excited to find you guys! Also please excuse my spelling.Sincerly,Barb ( with Bowel Problems) in Canada

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi Barb and welcome!!! BC chick eh? Lucky girl. My hubbie is a BC boy. Since finding this site I have felt so much better. I think it really helps when you have so much support here, especially when the doctors have NO clue!! I get the dizzy spells too. It's too bad about your fitness club, talk about lack of education and compassion. As for babbling....we all do!! Babble on!! We love to hear it!! Ha ha ha-spelling. Some members here razz others for that. I wish J* would put a spellcheck on here for those of us who's fingers get out of hand. If you ever make a mistake though, you can edit your post immedately after by clicking on the edit icon on your posting.Again welcome!!!
P.S. There's a website by an author(Heather Van Vorous) that is very helpful, you can even get a newsletter emailed to you for free. ../

·
Registered
605 Posts
Barb, Welcome aboard!!! Your story sounds very similar to mine and alot of others who visit this board and were diagnosed with "IBS" following gall bladder surgery. It's very possible that you have "bile salt D" as a result of the surgery and there is a med, called Questran (generic name Cholestryamine) that can give you your life back, and taking Caltrate can also relieve this problem. I take both. It saved me, and I had the same exact experience as you--following gall bladder surgery I'd have amazing explosions as quickly as 15 minutes after a meal. Please search this board using the words "Questran" "Cholestryamine" and "Gall Bladder." You will come up with tons of stories to read, and if you have any questions afterwards then let us at 'em. Hope this helps!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.