Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had IBS-D for as long as I can remember. I was reading the bulletin board and saw one from LNAPE regarding taking Caltrate 600 Plus, so after going to two Gastroenterologists and a Naturopath, none which helped with their drugs and natural methods, I tried Caltrate 600 Plus and within two weeks my IBS-D was better. My husband and I just took an 18 day motorhome trip and thanks to LNAPE and Caltrate 600 Plus, I had a wonderful trip and only had about two - three IBS-D issues and that was because I ate something I shouldn't have. So even if you're taking Immodium and/or Pepto Bismol, I'm sure if you try Caltrate 600 Plus you'll find some much needed relief. I bought the chewable ones in the white and orange box, and they taste really good. I wish you all luck, and I feel so very lucky because of LNAPE.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is my third day on calcium and so far so good! Well, I didn't go for the first two because I was still recovering from the last bout with Immodium, but today went and was afraid I'd start the D cycle over again, but had a very nice (Sorry, everyone) BM that actually hurt because it was so solid and it's been YEARS since I've had one that normal. So yes, so far so good, seriously, everybody should at least give this a try. Cheap and so far effective...

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
wigs12,Thank you for letting us know you had a great vacation and are getting some relief taking calcium. I am so glad you hung in with me for a bit to give the calcium a far chance to help and it looks as if it did. I am always glad to pass along the info on calcium just send me an email anyone who may be interested in giving it a try. I will do all I can to help.ellenej22,I hope you too get the relief I have and many others. Hang in and if you have problems let me know and I will see if I can help.I will be leaving for vacation on Friday but I will be back on Wednesday the 20th so if you don't hear from me this is why.Linda

·
Registered
10 Posts
My first post at this great site...........I also wanted to say a big "thanks" to LNAPE for your advice. I started taking calcium carbonate with vitamin D just over a week ago, and it has been the best week BM-wise for me in the last 2 or 3 years.I've been on Paxil for the last few weeks, so I'm not sure if it's the drugs or the calcium or both, but it's kind of flukey that I started to feel so much better after taking the calcium. I will talk to my doctor to see what he thinks, it would be nice if the calcium did the trick all by itself.Thanks again LNAPE!!!!!!!!Chad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.