Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanted to say thank you to the person who suggested to try calcium! i have been suffering with IBS for YEARS! you never know when you will have an attack and everywhere you go you have to always know where the nearest washroom is. it was always hard to plan trips and outings because i was worried about accidents or having to take off to use the washroom. i came on this forum looking for help and the person who suggested calcium set me on the right track! i take a multivitamin with extra calcium every night before i go to bed and it helped tremendously! i added that with removing caffeine, most dairy (i supplement with soy), and lots of french bread and i have never felt better! i dont have the lose stools as often as i did and i make sure i eat 3 meals a day. i dont know if it is the calcium that is helping me or the extra vitamins but thank you again to the person who suggested it. years of medications, scopes, and all kinds of other remedies and nothing worked until now. i keep a bottle of prescribed lomotil in my purse as a precaution but i havent had to use it much in the last 2 months! thank you thank you thank you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.