Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.I'm a new member to this site and for the past few days have been reading the message boards. I want to thank all of you for your posts. The most important thing I've come away with after reading your stories, remedies, etc. is it gave me perspective on my own problem. I used to think living with my ibs was terrible, (ibs -d) but after I read what some of you go through, mine is just about a cake walk. I had to laugh at a lot of posts out there (humor really is good medicine), and others made me want to cry with sympathy.I'm just so surprised and glad I accidentally stumbled onto this site, and grateful that there is a support group for this problem. Like a lot of you out there, I have found calcium to be a godsend, along with small meals and exercise. I still get "cycles" where I have D no matter what I eat or don't eat, everything sets me off then. Well, I'll be looking at this site often, it helps alot to share problems.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nightsounds,Welcome aboard ! Yes, you will find more information and support here than you ever imagined. I hope you will always feel like a welcome soul in this journey.Personally, I'd like to thank you already for your positive, "upbeat" presentation and approach to life and this "condition". How cool is that?Best wishes and keep in touch. Isn't calcium great? I have LNape on this board to thank for helping me regain some semblance of a normal life with calcium. My deeptest gratitude goes to her, Eric and of course, Marilyn(Cookies4Marilyn)...with the calcium,prayer, the HT tapes and profound support via e-mail and phone from these people..life is livable again !!!!Be encouraged...life doesn't end with IBS !!!

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
nightsounds,If you would like some one on one support with the calcium maybe I can offer some more help to get it to work better for you with a little tweeking.I am glad to hear it is help some.Linda

1 - 3 of 3 Posts