Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I registered yesterday and spent hours on this site. I felt very uplifted reading about other peoples experience (whilst sorry you all got it too. I've had IBS d since 1984 - when I was just 14 and went through soo much as people thought I was having some sort of breakdown - nervy tummy.Anyway I felt very lifted but this morning it was so cold the doors to my car wouldn't open and I had to get my little 6 year old girl to school - panic. I could feel my stomach bubbling over.We had to walk (takes some 15 minutes - very busy, I hate crowds ) but because I now know that so many people have this condition, (thanks to this board) I just kept telling myself that every other car probably had someone cooped up in there feeling sick with a gurgly tummy. - am sure this made me relax much more and I made it!!!!all the way to school (and back). I just felt so good, I cannot really share this with friends or even other family members as they don't get the achievement. But I feel like i've just passed my driving test.
Many thanks, Jude

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hi and welcome to the BB. It really does help to know other people feel like we do. Unless you have IBS I don't think you can fully understand what it is really like. Day to day things are just so difficult for us to get through. I'm so glad you managed the school trip. Our brains are definitely connected to our guts, the more we think of what might happen the worse it goes. Maybe you could keep a journal of the things that you have managed to do, then if you have a bad day you can look back at the things you've done. It might just give you the confidence to try other ventures.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OOh thanks Peardrops for replying it's a good idea about the journal. I've done a foodie one now should begin a "well done me". I obviously mentally rely on the car, in the mornings esp. I do go jogging and shopping and work part time but feel I need the car to make fast escapes, should the need arise

·
Registered
250 Posts
hello Judeyou've written what I wanted to write a few months ago (..."felt very uplifted reading about other peoples experience (whilst sorry you all got it too..."..)), but it would have been difficult for me because English is not my mother language!I am 50 and I started IBS/D when I was +-14. It's getting worse and worse... I have also problems during the night (not always D, but cramps, gaz, 'bubbles' etc.)What about you?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your replies.SLBEL3 - I think your dead on - my daughter loved walking with me, we don't do it often enough. Too bad all of the petrol fumes from the cars made her cough all of the way (although she may of in the car - it was very cold!).Celestin - Hi, I think nearly all of these years, I was scared that I was "weird" or the only one who seemed to have this problem. Back at school it was so traumatic, I would be physically sick and have to dash out of lessons. I think that some of the fear is maybe still there. Although I do believe in the power of prayer (and pray lots!).Anyway I tend to just need the loo about 3 times a day so not too bad at moment, However am still bothered by bad nausea which can make me feel uncomfortable esp if lots of crowds are around - which is why I love the car so much (and hate the school run). Over the last few months I have been taking a probiotic and am convinced it's helping. Unfortunately if I ever feel stressed or anxious the diarrhoea comes no matter what.Take careLove jude

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.