Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to the several veterans who answered (are still answering) my belching question. As a newcomer I've read many threads in this forum and have not yet seen the following symptom:Occasionally, about an hour after eating, my body seems to lose most of its energy. I have a tremendous desire to simply lie down. I don't feel sleepy or really uncomfortable in any way. I just seem to go limp. This state of affairs lasts for maybe 20 minutes.Bizarre, but true.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That sounds awful. Sorry but I can't help you as of yet I do not have that symptom. Do you know for sure if it is related to IBS???Hope you feel better.Sarah

·
Registered
22 Posts
hello rickb,I HAVE THE SAME SYMPTOMS.. MINE IS FROM LOW-BLOOD SUGAR. OR HYPOGLYCEMIA. I HAVE BATTLE MY DIET FOR YEARS. IF I EAT ALOT OF SUGARY FOODS I GET THE SYMPTOM, OR IF I EAT ALOT OF HIGH CARB. FOOD YOU GET SAME. THAT'S WHAT CAUSES MINE. I AM NOT SURE ABOUT YOURS. SOMETHING YOU CAN LOOK INTO THOUGH. FEEL FREE TO EMAIL IF YOU WANT:tdsrichardson###cs.comTRACEYR

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
I would look into what Tracy is saying first.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the hypoglycemia comment, TraceyR. It turns out that my mother has been suffering with that for years but she never mentioned sudden lack of energy after eating so I didn't think of that disorder in connection with my symptom. I'll keep this possibility in mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.