Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Linda, Thanks for the info regarding the Caltrate and Questran. The information you've provided on this BB regarding Caltrate has been wonderful. There's alot of us that are thankful for your input. Gotta go, it's time for my Caltrate

G

·
LNAPEThanks for the info. on e-mail. I am a much happier camper because of the caltrate. I started about l month ago and i have improved so much. I am lucky because I only have to take 1/2 pill with breakfast and supper. I am taking the caltrate D in the purple and white box.I still worry when i go out, it will take time to get over that. I have had some episodes in the mornings or if i am out since but it is not as urgentThings are looking up!Thanks.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
ring,I used to take an extra one or 1/2 in your case to cope with going out. It worked until I built the confidence in the calcium and did not fear the outings anymore.Thanks for the note, the note and it is great you are a junior member and are having such great success already.Sorry I just had to do the note the note thing. Have a great day.Linda[This message has been edited by LNAPE (edited 08-18-2000).]

G

·
LNAPEIf I was to take 1/2 a caltrate to cope withgoing out would I take it with a snack? Would it matter if I took it without any food? So far I havent noticed any tummy upset or indigestion from caltrate.I feel fortunate to need only a small amount, and get such good results. I have more confidence already. I am going to try your suggestion for sure.Would I have to take it the day before an outing or the same day as I want the extra confidence?Thanks,

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
ring,I would take it the same day for the added confidence a bit before I was going out and a small snack may be in order but if the regular doses you take now do not bother chances are even without food would be okay for you occasionally when needed.Take Care,Linda

G

·
LindaI did as you suggested and took an extra l/2 with a snack, I went to cottage country and NO PROBLEMS!Great! Am I happy!

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
I still get a bit anxious also and I too took an extra 1/2 Saturday to attend a Football game at the New Stadium for the first game to be played there. I ate a footlong hot dog and some Nacho's and drank a coke and felt great all day.I am glad you also had a successful outing.Take Care,Linda

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.