Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just curious if anyone has any plans for Thursday. Most events I don't eat at, the only way I can get thru them without any D issues. But this is the one time of year where you really can't sit at the table and just drink water
My hubby, 2 small kids and I are traveling 2 hours up to my parents house and I plan on bringing lots of immodium, staying away from all desserts, and keeping track of all the gas stations along the way :)HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Hi Mango, Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!Would it be possible to bring a dish or two that you've cooked and know are safe? I'm planning to bring a couple dishes to my friend's

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to you Magoo & Cherrie! Magoo, your plan, combined with Cherrie's, is usually how I survived when I wasn't hosting the Thanksgiving meal. Now I'm usually hosting and yeah I cut way back on the amount of fat I use. I never ate the skin, or anything very rich and usually skipped the gravy for a small amount of cranberry sauce instead. I also usually skipped the stuffing or dressing at other people's homes. (I know most years I could handle my own dressing) I also opted out of over-eating and desserts. Eating the turkey with a well cooked veggie or two and that was plenty. I do remember one year though when I had plain rice with clear chicken broth. Course I was in the throes of a gall bladder attack only.. I didn't know it. Yah.. fun! NOT! lolI hope everyone eating not at home opts to bring at least one dish they know they can stomach and brings their imodium or whatever they use to help control symtoms. Try to enjoy the day despite IBS. This holiday IS supposed to be about being grateful and not just eating ourselves silly. So maybe try to concentrate on the gratitude aspect of it and just go easy on the food.Wish everyone a good one!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanksigiving day has been a private day for me for a number of years due to IBS. I have a hard time with all the suggestions, pressure, and people playing doctor with advice and the guilt trips of course if I accept a certain food.I live in fort Lauderdale and will be taking a road trip to the Naples area for this year.I suppose if I were thin and a bit gaunt looking I would be more convincing. But since I am overweight people are really shocked when I say 'no' to what they are offering.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Well Lautermilch.. I hope it helps to know that I will be thinking of you and all of our fellow sufferers tomorrow. Nope never easy... especially when well meaning but ignorant relatives say stuff like "Oh why don't you just eat yogurt?" Or "You must be too nervous." or "My friend has that but she can eat everything!"....oy!It is hard to have patience with our IBS and THEM!
(((((((((((Hugs))))))))))) To all of you out there! Remember... you are NOT alone!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts