Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just some thoughts I had, as I've had to tell 2 people "No" lately when invited to go somewhere.There is a wedding planned this weekend, and I'm in it, so I'm saving up energy. The bride asked me to go out with the entire wedding party before the rehearsal/rehearsal dinner. I had to say no. While I felt bad for having to say no, saying yes was not an option. And I could honestly apologize, and say "I'm sorry I know you'll be disappointed." I hate to disappoint her, but I'm just saying no, and then allowing her to feel her feelings of disappointment. Nothing wrong with that, she has every right to be disappointed. Anyway that was my random thought. Just say no, and allow them to be disappointed. They have a right to their feelings, and you have a right to your "no". There are just some things we can't do, and yeah, it's ok to think that sucks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Good for you!! It is so difficult to finally be able to say "THAT WORD" and to be able to do it without any guilt is terrific. The bride will be too involved with the happenings that more than likely she won't have time to dwell on the fact that you didn't attend a portion of the evening. That little bit of extra rest will make a big difference on how you feel for the rest of the wedding celebration.It does SUCK!! but now we have a good excuse to get out of those things that we really didn't want to go to in the first place. Have a great time and I can't wait to hear how everything turns out. HAVE FUN!!!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
quote:but I'm just saying no, and then allowing her to feel her feelings of disappointment. Nothing wrong with that, she has every right to be disappointed
very wise, very true, and great advice. Thanks for sharing with us

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just wanted to check with you to see how everything was for the wedding. How were you feeling with what you did do! I hope that the weather was alright. Let me know - I was thinking about you..

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aawww, how sweet of you JoJen!!
Everything turned out beautifully. I sweated like a pig which was a bit of a bummer, but I have so much trouble regulating my temperature anymore it's inevitable...I danced to 3 songs at the reception, and the food was faboo!! It was fun, (I looked great, if I do say so myself ROFL!!) I'm paying for it now, but I knew that would happen. It really was a great wedding!
The bride was gorgeous! Thanks for asking
:love:

·
Registered
22 Posts
mrsmason, thanks for reminding us of the importance of saying "no" for our own preservation - its so easy to forgetkestral

1 - 6 of 6 Posts