Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My depression was deep; I was suicidal and creatively convincing myself that living was illogical and inhumane to other beings who had to smell me. 8 years old is the earliest I remember having LG. 20 brave years later I finally bent to the weight of facing a world that treated me like I was the aromatic equivalent of ingesting cyanide. My physician, unlike previous doctors who didn't really care, told me to take a hands on approach to my mental and spiritual healing. He said he would only prescribe medication if I agreed to actively seek out information, studying all of the forces influencing my life. Books on depression, IBS, alcoholism, the works. A counselor. Several support groups. All this was to be part of the healing, of trying to convince me to live.I thought I was the only one. Seriously, I didn't think, I BELIEVED I was a freak until he meanted the term Leaky Gas. In December, I googled the term and found this forum here, where there were others braving it out. People who knew what it was like to cry every night because you felt defective and just wanted to be normal. The revelation that I wasn't the only one in the world with LG lifted me up a bit. My suicidal plans are gone. I guess you could say you guys saved my life.Still depressed, but working on it. Hang in there, everyone. I will.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I know how you feel. I had no idea other people had this problem. I felt like a freak of nature, then I found this site. It is comforting to know others have this (as odd as that sounds). Read thru the posts, you may find some things to help. Welcome...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.