Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
If anyone here followed through with the candida diet, what recipes did you use? What did you eat?I'm having a difficult time here trying to figure out a feasible meal plan. I'm a busy person, and I live in military barracks. I have access to a microwave, and a community oven that is sometimes taken. I'm trying to figure out a meal plan that doesn't include me slaving in the kitchen for hours every day. A meal plan that includes your basic nutritional needs and meets the candida diet standards.I'm good at cooking steak, salmon and chicken. I love eggs in the morning. But that's about it! Everything else other recipe at http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com includes all these intricate recipes with items I've never even heard of or is restricted. I'm a 22 year old male, and my cooking skills and shopping skills are limited. It's not fun running around the grocery store looking for these items I've never heard of with my problems. And then stressing in the backed up shopping line that the person behind me can smell me. I can go to the grocery store, but I gotta be in and out. It's like a time bomb. I've only got limited time to get what I need.I'd like to find something for lunch that can be cooked during the weekend, put into the freezer and eaten throughout the week until the next weekend. I can cook steak, salmon, or chicken for dinner (but everynight, would that be healthy?), and eat eggs for breakfast. But lunch I'm still a little stumped. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks. One of the biggest hits to me in this diet is the no bread or milk. Oh my god love both bread and milk. I just got back from the grocery store. I grabbed everything that looked green and edible. I also grabbed steak, fish, and chicken.Meal #1: LunchSalmon fillet, cooked stove topcarrotscelery tomatoespeasbroccolilemon water w/ sea salt (tastes meh)

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I have taken to using escarole leaves as a substitute for bread at times. Your meal sounds good!All the best!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check escarole leaves out. I just threw away all the food I had that didn't fit the candida diet. Ohh the misery.Have you tried those candida cleanses before? I picked something up called Candida Supreme Vital Cleanse. It's a two week program. It's listed on amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/Gaia-Herbs-Candida-S...5448&sr=8-1.I also picked up Candex, which is supposed to digest fungal cell walls.And lastly, I picked up a refrigerated probiotic that has 35 billion organisms, and supposedly 14 different kinds.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah, true. I'm actually going to halt operation candida gone and probiotics. I'm going to live and eat normally until the 23rd. Conditions may get worse, but it will magnify my problems and may be easier to diagnose. Just ate a double quarer pounder meal with an orea mcflurry from McD's. It's been a while and boy was it good!

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
What is special about the 23rd??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's when I'm going to see the new GI doctor. One thing I've noticed is that besides one episode about six months ago, it doesn't matter what I eat. If I eat fast food everyday and ice cream at night, or if I eat steak and vegetables, salmon, and healthy food for a month straight I still get the same damn problem. I don't ever get an upset stomach or severe gas like you IBSers do. With that information I think it points towards something like a fistula. Fistula's don't generally hurt because solid stool does not pass through them, but I tried that candida cleanse kit yesterday and it caused some diarrhea which caused a lot of pain and burning, something I never noticed recently because I never get diarrhea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts