Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got IBS alternating C with D?Ive noticed that no matter which kind of IBS attack I cant do anything about it really. If its IBS-C then sooner or later it becomes severe IBS-D if i wait or take laxatives etc. If i have IBS-D then i cant take an anti-d cause i get C. Id love to go to the loo x3 a day and have it be normal. No bloating, no pain, no nausea etc.If youd didnt laugh you'd cry.... and ive done both

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
This is very common in IBS. A couple of decades ago the diagnostic criteria made it sound like everyone alternates, it took them awhile to figure out some people stay all on one side or the other.Generally for alternating people preventing the constipation is the key to breaking the cycle where days of constipation lead to diarrhea to clean you out which then leads to not enough stool in there so you get constipated.You might try mild things for the constipation like a glass of pear nectar or apple juice every day, or a bit of fiber or a low dose of magnesium every day.

·
Registered
7 Posts
yes your not the only one that has those symptoms, for years i had ibs-c which i took nothing for, about once a fortnight when my bowels decided to clear themselves i would get such a bad pain with the diarrhea that i would vomit with the pain in my stomach.as you described,if i took anything for the ibs-d that followed the ibs-c i would end up back in the same situation 2 weeks later. its a vicious cycle.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its a very vicous cycle..now i take a glass off apple juice with aleo vera every night, x1 Vit C and x3 Bio Magnesium. But im not sure thats the best mix, plus it also depends how much water you have and how much exercise you do. Tis hard to figure out the right balance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.