Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all...ive been suffering from IBS sor long 7 monthes and im only 20 years oldim really depressed specially when all the doctors says its in your head.... everytime i visit a doctor i pay 50$ to hear what??go get married ull be fine...but no one knows that this thing is ruining my life, my studies, my career and even my engagement...my problem started out of nowhere i suddenly felt like fainting and the story begins....diaherria, vomiting, pain, contisipation... finally i threw out all the medication and start eating everything after a week my stomach returns normal but with neausa and dizziness or more lightheadness all the time .... what confused me is that i was IBS free but the dizziness and lightheadness were always there...i spent so many nights cryn cz no one understands what i was goin through.... but the last month i had permenant diharria so i had a stool test for 3 days and guess what the results were... "heavy growth of streptococcus faecalis" and eggs of the worm h.nana which is a tapeworm...so helpno one of my doctors knew what streptococcus is????and some say that the worms i had are the reason for my IBS and some say noi need an answer are worms the cause of IBS???do the worms make me dizzy???will be normal after i treat them???im so scared...i just want my life back...im on albandazole and augmentini would really appreciate any answers or advices....thank you

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
About all too many of one of the normal bacteria found in stool means is that you don't have enough of others. Not sure why the stool test was looking for normal bacteria and the quantity. Although it can show that the colon flora are out of whack and maybe taking a probiotic to get some other normal bacteria in there can help.If you have worms they can cause GI illness but getting rid of the worms should end any side effects from the worms.Sounds like you have post-infectious IBS (the initial incident when this started, if I read your story right) and generally what causes IBS is you get an infection, or have a surgery, or a few other things happen and you don't heal properly and the nervous system in the gut is a bit out of whack (usually you see bacteria or viruses implicated, not worms). Kinda like you shorted out the remote to the TV but keep sending the TV to get repaired and they tell you nothing is wrong as they never look at the remote.If you can get to a university hospital where someone is studying IBS or does research into treating IBS you may have better luck.Usually the dizziness is because another part of the nervous system, the vagus nerve, is a bit sensitive and when it is triggered your blood pressure drops and you get dizzy, light headed, may feel too hot or too cold, and some people completely faint. Having a BM or abdominal pain are two of the many triggers, this is also what makes people faint at the sight of blood and things like that.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Rejoice! You have a parasite and that WILL make you dizzy, diarrhea and all sort of other stuff. I hope they can kill it. You should do an internet search for the type of worm you have and what Mayo clinic says is the best treatment and for how long. I think you might get better. Thing is, after all the ABs, you will probably need a really good probotic like Floragen 3, Bubbies sauerkraut, Kilfur to restore your gut flora. Only use the Kilfur if you can tolerate dairy. Take it easy, drink plenty of water with your meds and good luck. Keep us posted. The worms can cause all of your problems.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rejoice! You have a parasite and that WILL make you dizzy, diarrhea and all sort of other stuff. I hope they can kill it. You should do an internet search for the type of worm you have and what Mayo clinic says is the best treatment and for how long. I think you might get better. Thing is, after all the ABs, you will probably need a really good probotic like Floragen 3, Bubbies sauerkraut, Kilfur to restore your gut flora. Only use the Kilfur if you can tolerate dairy. Take it easy, drink plenty of water with your meds and good luck. Keep us posted. The worms can cause all of your problems.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you guys you made me feel better...i have finished the 3rd day of treatment stiil 7 to go but im already feeln betterim tired from the medicine but im so much betterifeel like a new personand hope ill get better and prove to all the doctors that there is nothing just called IBSthere is something causing IBS..,. and probably its a parasite wether its a big worm or a microscopic parasiteor even a bacteria,,,i think everybody should get a worm and parasite testthank you all for your support its just a bad time im goin through

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
About all too many of one of the normal bacteria found in stool means is that you don't have enough of others. Not sure why the stool test was looking for normal bacteria and the quantity. Although it can show that the colon flora are out of whack and maybe taking a probiotic to get some other normal bacteria in there can help.If you have worms they can cause GI illness but getting rid of the worms should end any side effects from the worms.Sounds like you have post-infectious IBS (the initial incident when this started, if I read your story right) and generally what causes IBS is you get an infection, or have a surgery, or a few other things happen and you don't heal properly and the nervous system in the gut is a bit out of whack (usually you see bacteria or viruses implicated, not worms). Kinda like you shorted out the remote to the TV but keep sending the TV to get repaired and they tell you nothing is wrong as they never look at the remote.If you can get to a university hospital where someone is studying IBS or does research into treating IBS you may have better luck.Usually the dizziness is because another part of the nervous system, the vagus nerve, is a bit sensitive and when it is triggered your blood pressure drops and you get dizzy, light headed, may feel too hot or too cold, and some people completely faint. Having a BM or abdominal pain are two of the many triggers, this is also what makes people faint at the sight of blood and things like that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you so much...but the result shows that i have heavy growth of normal flora its because i took probiotic for two monthesbut the bacteria i have "streptococcus faecalis" is a dangerous one that cause all sort of intestinal infections and its hard to kill because its resistanttruth be told now that i completed the worms treatment and started the antibiotics im feelin a lot better...i jst hope that everyone find the reason of their IBSand by the way iliked the remote thing its exactly whats goin on with methank you for your informationnnnthankssssss a lot!!

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
There seem to be so many unrelated causes of bowel irregularities that just finding yours is cause for celebration. At least you have a course of action to address your problem, rather than "Eat more fiber" or my new favorite, "Just get married." Mine seemed to be caused by low level inaflammation brought on by smoking, others' by bacterial imbalances, emotional problems, you name it. There may be some subset of us who actually have something called IBS; but mostly it seems to be a descriptor of symptoms utilized by an underfunded health system overwhelmed by sheer numbers and ruled by profits rather than outcomes. Best of luck with the treatment. Be patent, getting better is like a personal miracle.Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.