Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just looking for some answers. I'm very worried that I don't have what the Doctor says. I have a severe attach of PAIN in and around the stomach area. Around the belly button - above and below. The pain travels around to the lower back at the same time. The pain can be best described as a belly ache. There's burping and gas and a need to go to the bathroom - end result nothing but constipation. Then a small bowel movement after all that work. By the time this episode is over - in about 10 hours - I've already paced the house practically in tears and have vomitted. The last 3 attachs - I vomitted from the nausea from the pain. The best part of this all is that I get these attachs only once a month. Around the same time each month. Could this really be from food and stress alone??? I had an endoscope, sonogram of stomach, pelvis and gallbadder. Has anyone seen this before??

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
It sounds like you may be getting partial obstructions. Try taking some strong laxitives the next time you have this type of attack and see if it helps. If this happens often then you may want to try a stool softener to see if it lessens the frequency of the attacks. If you walk into the ER during an attack then they will be able to take xrays or give you an ultrasound to make sure you don't have an obstruction.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
It sounds like you may be getting partial obstructions. Try taking some strong laxitives the next time you have this type of attack and see if it helps. If this happens often then you may want to try a stool softener to see if it lessens the frequency of the attacks. If you walk into the ER during an attack then they will be able to take xrays or give you an ultrasound to make sure you don't have an obstruction.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i also get a lot of your symptoms had the tests and dr can't seem to figure out what i have i recently lost my job because of being so sick all the time and my health insurance so now i can't even go to the dr i also get very hot during an attack and the get very cold when in passes i get it more than once a month though and i also go between having direah and constipattion if you get any answers poat them ok?

·
Registered
46 Posts
i also get a lot of your symptoms had the tests and dr can't seem to figure out what i have i recently lost my job because of being so sick all the time and my health insurance so now i can't even go to the dr i also get very hot during an attack and the get very cold when in passes i get it more than once a month though and i also go between having direah and constipattion if you get any answers poat them ok?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
If you are female, also go to the gynecologist. Sometime female problems trigger GI symptoms and a monthly pattern makes that sound like a possibility.If it isn't that, or your male, you may want to see if there is any other monthly thing (deadline at work, night out with the boys, etc) that seems to be tracking with it, although it could just be random.Pain is the main symptom of IBS (the pain is associated with other symptoms, but pain should be present for the diagnosis of IBS).K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
If you are female, also go to the gynecologist. Sometime female problems trigger GI symptoms and a monthly pattern makes that sound like a possibility.If it isn't that, or your male, you may want to see if there is any other monthly thing (deadline at work, night out with the boys, etc) that seems to be tracking with it, although it could just be random.Pain is the main symptom of IBS (the pain is associated with other symptoms, but pain should be present for the diagnosis of IBS).K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
THANK YOU to those who responded. I appreciate your in put. FYI: I am a women. (Sorry, I should have mentioned that). I also should have mentioned that I get chills during my attack then hot when it's over.Since my posting: I've made 2 appointments. Gyno and gastrologist. I'm moving fast on this because I'm worried and also I'd like to try for my 2nd child. I hope to come back with some good information for us all. I'll try to post by Tuesday. Bye for now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THANK YOU to those who responded. I appreciate your in put. FYI: I am a women. (Sorry, I should have mentioned that). I also should have mentioned that I get chills during my attack then hot when it's over.Since my posting: I've made 2 appointments. Gyno and gastrologist. I'm moving fast on this because I'm worried and also I'd like to try for my 2nd child. I hope to come back with some good information for us all. I'll try to post by Tuesday. Bye for now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.