Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know.. I've been hell bent trying to help what was my fiance try to get better.As I'm writing this I'm in a hotel alone.. everything ended with my fiance because she blamed her condition for everything.I pushed her to seek more help, to do more things, namely to just TRY.Let me be specific.. her remaining options consisted of therapy, psychiatrist, exercise, peppermint gel caps, and any other ideasthe doctors might be able to come up with. I was not the originator of these ideas, many doctors over time suggested each oneand did so one by one.She turned them down.. as it turns out she let her depression get the best of her an take me down with it.She began to miss her ex, her social life, an all the foods she used to eat an things she used to do normally.I wasn't made aware of her emotions until the very end where she ended our relationship where she said she loved her ex again.Granted we fought.. but only because she wouldn't try an her parents were just going to throw me out in august, I was desperate.I tried an tried to convince her.. along with what was already tearing her apart.. it led to her utilizing the arguments as a catalystto support her distorted views such as loving her ex again despite all the worse things he'd done to her than I who just wanted to help.So someones going to ask why am I writing this? to ruin her rep? no.. I just want to share a story of how I was left homeless over tryingto help someone through IBS-C. This is not to say IBS solely can ruin every life.. no it's conditional upon a number of other factors butwithout a doubt it was the primary cause of her degradation that allowed the end to be possible at all which otherwise wouldn't of ever happened.She is otherwise an amazing person.. but as an example of what IBS can do to someone who lets it get to them.. let this be a lesson to all somehow.

·
Banned
240 Posts
Sorry to hear that man, I know what you are going through right now.While is indeed horrible and it seems hopeless, you won't feel the sameway in the future. Whether you get back with her, whether you meet another love of yourlife, or even if you stay single and just pick up chicks at bars or hotels,life will improve. IBS is a disease like so many other diseases. One person once told me theywould rather have one arm missing than have IBS.You have a good heart and you tried hard. Ultimately that's all you can do.Don't be upset with her as I exercise frequently (kickboxing, treadmill, running,biking) and I tried peppermint tea, capsules, etc. The cause appears to be stress and stress is hard to conquer. Like I said, give it a few weeks and you will be a lot better.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah it won't be better.. she left me homeless.As soon as she decided she loved her ex she suddenly found all the energy in the world to run around.She went shopping with her mom the whole morning, baked cakes, an no where within did she decide NOT to removeme from her life even if for a second!She had the power to say "no.. this is wrong, I am wrong for doing this to him" and at any point could've decided tochange the situation. She didn't.. she closed the hotel door without a tear or hint of sadness an when I chased herto the elevator she only did the same thing.No amount of tears or memories would convince her to reconsider.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She hasn't hooked up with him yet, but she intends to.However yeah she broke up with me, decided she loved him, then went shopping, did baking, an didn't consider what'd happen to me at all.

·
Registered
80 Posts
and i have a feeling it wont work out with her ex that well either unless her ibs, or his additude, improved.
Trust me, I was with someone else for a LONG time, and he didn't put a lot of effort in caring about me or understanding me. So I am very grateful for Auriga being what he is. You don't find qualities like that in a man or woman either sometimes or most of the time.
however, i wish you both health and happiness in your seperate futures.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.