Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Workouts used to take me two hours. One hour on the stairmaster, then some weights, then the sauna, and shower, hair and make up. NOW, I swim two laps, crawl to the sauna for ten minutes, shower and stick some gel in my hair! At last, I've found a good point! LOL Seriously, it is taking some real getting used to that I CANNOT work out like I used to anymore. The IBS makes me bloat, it's all pretty hard on someone who used to get by on my looks pretty much.
Now I am actually having to work at getting a personality!
Just joking, it is different though. A lot of my jobs used to depend on good looks, now I Homeschool and work at home, it's all very different from what i thought life was. i think i am a better person though. Anyone else think Fibro is giving them something out of life?
Laurie

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Great post stillnaked
I loved your observations about your life and personality (although I know some of it (in part at least LOL) was tongue in cheek!) with fibro. What work do you do at home? Is homeschooling schooling your own children at home, or teaching from home (sorry, I'm not familiar with the word). Either way it must be pretty interesting and quite demanding really. I don't have Fibro, I have M.E/CFS, can I still join in? I know that I've discovered a couple of things which I would never have had the time to come across if I didn't have M.E/CFS, such as crafts including tapestry, metal-embossing, card making and other needlework, and then I've had the time to do a lot of thinking about myself and the world, what I want to do with my life, and have come across a faith I think I can believe in (Quakers). I'd still rather have not had M.E/CFS though! lol

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I think this is an important thing to talk about regularly, keeps us (hopefully) from getting bitter.Well, I used to be somewhat of a perfectionist with my home, ironing, etc. Due to Fibro/CFS I have learned that perfect doesn't exist, and the closest I now desire to get is making myself, and my family happy. I've become more compassionate (in general - There are however exceptions LOL), better at relaxing, and in general, more patient.But, then there are the bad days! LOL....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, Homeshooling is teaching my kids at home. It has good and bad points with Fibro, they are learning that I can't be the grown up on Fog days. At first it was scary for them, now they have a lot of fun with it. Telling me I PROMISED we'd go for Ice Cream, things like that. They always tell me if they made it up, and we usually do it anyway. Being in a fog is hell on the bank book! LOL I am teaching them that it's NOT about looks. We are a good looking family, lol, and I tell them it ain't about looking good, it's about the inside. I do notice that they are a lot more felling towards a lot of people they weren't before. They were always sensitive to homeless people, a BIG problem around here. But now, old people at the store, young kids, they are just a lot more willing to stop what they are doing and help. math is suffering though, let's be honest. I can't do math when I NOT in a fog! I actually keep the house cleaner now. When I was always running it was messy. Now I consider it a work out, and do it for stretching. The kids help if I need them, but mostly it shows in their rinsing their dishes CLEAN before they go in the sink becasue standing and scrubbing hurts me. Thanks for the reply's! I was afraid I would sound concieted and weird. I might still, but now I have friends too! LOLLaurie(Who really isn't conceited, just having fun)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.