Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i buy my own house i would love to design the IBS friendly toilet :)This is what it would have:- toilet combine with a bathroom (shower, toilet and open space)- thick walls so noone can hear- fridge with cool water (not to cold) and cold flannel for my head- shelving for any medications that help e.g. eno, panadol, neurophen etc, emergency towel, spare clothes, baby wipes, sups, cups, sheets, paper towels- space on the floor for a thin mattress to lye down on and a pillow- clean bucket in the cupboard- another shelf for things that make me feel better or distracted e.g. radio, favourite teddy, books- telephone line incase of emergency- posters and signs on the wall reminding me that i will be ok and that things will get better, things to read when im feeling sick - another distraction- self cleaning toilet lolWhat else would you guys put your toilet/bathroom if you could have an IBS friendly one....

·
Registered
32 Posts
My bathroom is called my tranquility room. My husband painted a pretty pale purple and put up chairrail and did a beautiful job. A pretty lace shower curtain. Sad that even these small things make it just a tad bit more tolerable. Since I spend so much time in there I wanted something that was at least a little soothing. Thicker walls would indeed be a plus. Fortunately I live in a house so I can at least be away from the family. Everything else you suggested would be wonderful to have. Since we spend hours at a time we should have some sort of comort!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The toilet for me is down stairs next to the family room, its so embarrassing. Esp since i often lye on the floor or pass out between the toilet and shower.... i just always hope the attack comes when no one is home. I have an attack right now, trying to stay calm...... ive been C the last few days and now i can feel a D attack comming... i wish there was someone to help me and make the pain go away.. sometimes i want to go to hopsital

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know what you mean about the attacks. I used to get them with I was like 14, it was terrible. I'd like fall in the middle of the hall way at school and then try my best to get the the nurses office. It was so embarrassing. I live in a SMALL two bedroom apartment. My bathroom is up against my roommates bedroom wall and the only thing separating it from the family room is the bathroom door itself. It's so embarrassing when we have people over. Sometimes I go to my neighbors house to use their bathroom.Ohhh .. also ... an ENDLESS supply of toilet paper would be fantastic.

·
Registered
32 Posts
oh yeah I would love the endless supply of t-paper and of course the softest available. I can't imagine having to deal with IBS and then have to worry about everyone or anyone hearing you!! that truly just adds another level of stress.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Since I have been having alot of abdominal pain and diarrhea with this current "episode", this post made me laugh! It took my mind off my miseries for a moment. It did make me think, though. My bathroom is pretty large -off the master bedroom, but the toilet area (in a seperate room) is pitifully small. making it miserable for as many times as I spend my life in it! How odd that the rest of my house has been redecorated, but I have ignored this little bathroom where I spend most of my time? (Fortunately, my children have their own (decorated to their taste) bathroom and my husband uses the guest bathroom (also decorated) in another part of the house.Once this episode subsides, I will grab some time and try to make "my" little space beautiful and practical. How odd that the rest of the house has been redecorated, but I have ignored this little bathroom where I spend most of my time? Duh!!! I will also put up practical shelving to hold those items that I so desperately rush to grab when given enough time to . I even have a pitiful bare window. why not some pretty curtains? Why not have the room painted a pretty calming color? some pretty pictures or slogans on the walls? Why not make the most of this little space?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ohh yeah cant believe I forgot the extra soft toilet paper lol... i mean thats number ONE hahaha.Toughjourney... thats my exact plan when I own my own house im going to make that bathroom my personal space fitting with everything that i want that would make me feel better when im sick :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
This has been a great topic. We have to find some humor somewhere in all this or we will just go insane. toughjourney that is why my husband put so much work into our bathroom. I live there. I have a shelf that has magazines, books and puzzle books. most times I have a fan in there - you know when those awful heat flashes soar through you. Luckily my bathroom is off my bedroom so I don't have far to run when I can escape to the bed to rest. Thank you all of you for bringing a little laughter into a horrible situation. I salute you with a roll of charmin extra soft t-paper.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yea, Poo Pea Original and Sick&TiredKat, I agree. Bathrooms should be the one room thats customized to our liking. It seems just like my kitchen, the bathroom was poorly designed. (There should be more women involved in building homes). I am definitely going to add a shelf over the toilet (as that is the only space one will fit) to place extraaaa toilet paper so I do not find myself running out of it at the most crucial time. Gotta have extra soft tissue! It would be a great place to add magazines and books. And an extra washcloth for cooling my body down when I break out in sweats. Thanks for bringing this subject up. I know it was started as a joke, but it really got me thinking of ideas. Now, I wonder where I can find that super padded toilet chair? Ha Ha!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Definitely the thick walls with adding sound proofing for the floors I think. I can be a bit windy / gassy and they can be rather loud sometimes
I would like a table so that I could put my make-up on in there for speed and yep a tv and kettle would be great especially for the mornings when I am needing to get ready for work

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hahaha yeah a table would be good, and a kettle for a nice green or peppermint teathere are just so many things we could do to make time in there more bearableive decided the next thing for my future toilet is to install a television and the internet lol... imagine surfing the net.. thats a real distraction. a website you all might like is www.fmylife.com i go to this site alot for a good laugh

·
Registered
8 Posts
What a great topic! I would have a supply of cool washcloths for those heat flashes. Those are the WORST. And tissue for when I start to cry, which I do when it's real bad. TV would be AWESOME. Thank goodness I'm finally in a situation where no one can hear me, and we have two bathrooms now. I remember the days when it was not so. If I could make it, I'd try a nearby public bathroom or something.The worst is workplace bathrooms.-A.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.