Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had ibs for years with occasional bouts of diahhrea that includes what my doctor calls an infection. It resulted in polyps that were removed. I worry that the pain(in my anus)which I think is the most sensitive spot and for me the pain gets so bad that I actually fall to the ground and scream in agony. My fear is that these bouts will return. and that what is happening in my digestive tract will lead to my death from cancer or a rupture in my colon or the pain will be so bad that I will want to die, rather than have it continue. I am 48 years old. Has anybody suffered this much?

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have wished for death in the past over the pain of this disease!!!!!
when I was in my early 30's. thought I would never make it, the pain was so great. I still have pain but it is alot better with taking the calcium everyday.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yep I have those pains as well , so bad that I pass out and several times has been picked up by an ambulance and spend then nights in hospital getting morphin injections to take the top of the pains. I only get those bad attacks every 6 months or so ( its only in my stomach thou , not the anus ) I think we all worry about cancer and stuff like that , but the fact is if it was cancer most of us would be long dead as most of us have dealt with these pains for years and years.Have you tried any medication for your IBS ? antispasmotics ??

·
Registered
64 Posts
Bowser,I think you know who I am. Read my posts under Pain in upper right rib cage. I am summerwind. If it is you N. call me. and no matter who you are you have found a gread board!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Uh, Bowser, I didn't mean to come off like a stalker. You just sound VERY familiar to someone I'm close to. I'm sorry that you are in pain. I know how hard it is. Instead of being on the floor screaming, I've been in the bed writhing and crying to God to just take me, that I am such a burden to my family that I didn't think it fair. Plus, I just didn't think I could take the pain anymore. I am now stronger but I still get VERY depressed because this issue has not been resolved.Summer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts