Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I'm having a bad D-time, my excrement is always green.WARNING: About to Get GraphicI'm not talking lime green, but evergreen, pine-colored, sort of a frozen-spinach green. It's normal for me, although I'd be interested to know if it mean anything.To the one curious about black exrement, I believe this can be old blood in the stool, which is symptomatic of many illnesses, and not a symptom of IBS. Also, sometimes Pepto can turn one's tongue and stool black. But it's very important to have abnormal symptoms checked out by one's doctor.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Adults can also have green poop if they eat large amounts of green, leafy vegetables or if they eat large amounts of foods with green food coloring. Green feces can also occur with diarrhea if bile salts pass through the intestine unchanged. Bile salts are substances that make up bile, which is a fluid produced by the liver that help digest fat. The liver is the largest organ in the body and is responsible for filtering (removing) harmful chemical substances, producing important chemicals for the body, and other important functions. Questran is a prescription drug that soaks up the bile that makes your D green. therefore you won't have anymore D.. you should check into this.. especially if you have had your gallbladder removed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.