Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
My sister has been begging me to go there. She believes in Deepak Chopra and thought the closest thing to it was Maharishi Ayurvedic Clinic. Given that it is located in Iowa. I would love to learn TM which might be very beneficial. Last but not the least I am from India and I can say there is something to Vedic medicine. We sometimes had the simplest of cures for diarrhea, gas, nausea etc while growing up- ginger, fennel seeds, lemon juice to name a few.

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
$645 a day? You've got to be kidding?! You would be better off taking a trip to India Economy Fare and going to a clinic there. You get to see a new country in the process. Drink bottled water there though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know a lot of people who have been helped, and usually cured, by "alternative medicine" from conditions that traditional doctors deemed incurable. I almost fell out of my chair when I read $645 a day, but now I'm starting to think my health is well worth it, might even be able to get insurance to kick in a little. Who knows, but I'm sure I'll easily spend several thousand $$ trying to beat this thing over the years if I don't get it taken care of now. I would really like to hear from someone who has been there before I take the plunge though.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
FWIW I've been doing Transcendential Meditation for about 10 years now, and I do find it helps with the nervous system and keeping my head on track, which in turn can help with the IBS. Course, it would be much more beneficial if I would only learn some self-discipline and do it every day!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.