Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The WORST thing about having IBS D is people don't beleave me. I tell them I have it and try to explane and the next thing you know they get upset that I wont eat something they cooked or don't want to eat out. I have a friend that had IBS he lost about 40lbs and it is gone and now he is the same way. We went out eat I could not eat what he was eating and he said you don't know what you are missing. I thought yes I do setun the crapper the rest of the day. Everyone should have this for 6 weeks. Sorry I just needed to vent.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yep been there done that. I can remember a simple can of Pepsi causing me hours of being stuck in the bathroom in major pain on a movie night in my home. I am careful of what and when I eat and I keep stress down to a minimum when I can. Hang in there your not alone. Have you seen a GI doctor about your IBS?------------My story http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php...0155;p=1#000000

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yep been there done that. I can remember a simple can of Pepsi causing me hours of being stuck in the bathroom in major pain on a movie night in my home. I am careful of what and when I eat and I keep stress down to a minimum when I can. Hang in there your not alone. Have you seen a GI doctor about your IBS?------------My story http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php...0155;p=1#000000

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. I have been at this about ten years sometimes I just get put out with people who don't care about anyone but themselfs. You tell them over and over what your problem is and the next time it comes to eating or going out to eat you have to tell them again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes. I have been at this about ten years sometimes I just get put out with people who don't care about anyone but themselfs. You tell them over and over what your problem is and the next time it comes to eating or going out to eat you have to tell them again.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I know what you are saying. I was sick on Thanksgiving and I felt so bad, running to the bathroom every few minutes. I explained later to the host and hostess but sometimes I feel like my issues with IBS are too personal to explain to everyone. It is very difficult.Carly

·
Registered
295 Posts
I know what you are saying. I was sick on Thanksgiving and I felt so bad, running to the bathroom every few minutes. I explained later to the host and hostess but sometimes I feel like my issues with IBS are too personal to explain to everyone. It is very difficult.Carly

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Some people (dr's, friends, family) just DON'T GET IT. I truly believe that unless a person has walked in our shoes (IBS'r)that they just dont understand. Also its not like you can see IBS, like a broken arm or leg. If you tell people about your D issues, they think youre sick and it will go away. Then they still dont get it when it doesnt go away and youre not sick. It can be very frustrating.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Some people (dr's, friends, family) just DON'T GET IT. I truly believe that unless a person has walked in our shoes (IBS'r)that they just dont understand. Also its not like you can see IBS, like a broken arm or leg. If you tell people about your D issues, they think youre sick and it will go away. Then they still dont get it when it doesnt go away and youre not sick. It can be very frustrating.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.