Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was listening to a news channel on tv when this story appeared (people in the uk will maybe have heard of it) i was appauled to hear of some nutjob who had told the police she had been knocked out and tied up by 2 assailants who then set fire to her house...Apparantly her 4 month old son perished in the fire, and its been said that the baby has ibs (youngest person to my knowledge that has been diagnosed with ibs) its a heartbreaking story and i must admit i had a lump in my throat on hearing this story...Now its been reported that the mum has made the whole story up, and she is facing prison if she infact did it herself...Im well aware that this is not directly what this board is all about but im basically trying to highlight that ibs infact does infact effect all ages..I MUST add that the story has not been made up by myself i say that incase someone in particular comes on and says this post is innacurate, and lets face it he is no expert as are none of us on ibs and how we get it, age, etc etc.... thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
i heard and saw the reeport too. i was shocked when i read that two men had tied her up the set the room on fire. and even more shocked when it was reported that she had done it all herself. how can any mother or person do that to their own child. my son had a operation at four week due to pyloric stonosis (not sure if spelt right) for a week before he constantly bringing up his feeds within minutes of having them. but i could necver do a thing like that!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I haven't heard anything about this (probably help if I had more time to watch news) but it sounds just terrible. I can't believe what some mother's do to their children. I've had IBS as far back as I can remember and was only 4 when the first doctor suggested that IBS might be what was wrong with me. It's certainly been a long haul and I'm used to people looking at me like I'm mad when I say I was probably born with it, but maybe, just maybe, I was.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.