Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am 15 and have recently suffered from increased symptoms of IBS D: stomach cramps and pain and bad diarreah 20 minutes after eating multiple times a day. My usual symptoms until then were more occasional suffering from diarreah every 2-3 days or so and was getting cramps after i ate. I used mebeverine (anti spasmodic) to try and stop I and it worked great for 3 days, until I felt uncontrollable shaking and nauseousness without being able to vomit so I stopped taking them. The diarreah continued after that but not the shaking or anything.

I had an endoscopy and colonoscopy today showing nothing is visibly wrong but testing has to happen on samples and that could take up to 2 weeks!

I have a theme park holiday due to be leaving on Saturday, however, which leaves 3 days to do something about this.

How should I go about doing this? Should I take immodium and what would you recommend for the cramps?

Are probiotics such as kefir any good or the antispasmodic buscopan?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Kangaoor

·
Registered
67 Posts
I take Bentyl which is an antispasmodic. Do you usually take immodium after you have diarrhea? You could try taking it before your meals to see if that helps. Do you have anxiety symptoms or specific food triggers?

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I am out at a place like that or when I know I will be going somewhere later in the day I take bentyl and 2 immodiums an hour before I eat and then 2 immodiums after I eat. I also take 2 immodiums with my bentyl in the morning when I get up.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you've never really taken Imodium before then I would just take 2 of them maybe an hour before you leave for the theme park . You don't know how your body will react and from my experience, taking lots and lots of Imodium like that can leave you doubled up in pain.

I don't know how long you're staying at the theme park but you can take imodium with you and play it by ear. I have had a few nasty experiences after taking Imodium everyday so I would personally be careful with it :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.