Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, I am new been watching the site for some time now. I have been in and out of the emergency room for the past 3 years, colonoscopy, etc. I have IBS-A, I am 31 and in generally very good health otherwise. I have been documenting my occurances and one thing that I have found that releives my symptoms much faster that the antispasmatics alone is: regular intake of ducolax ( every other day) whether I think I need it or not, I take it, as soon as I stop for a week I am getting bound up and sick, also, I have ulcers in turn, which the stress can help send IBS right in gear, I take old fashion Pepto Bismol, I am not big on perscription drugs, but at the first signs of symptoms, I have cut a 3 day gut wrenching stomach ache and exhaustion from hugging the toilet bowl down to 2- 4 hours. Also, after the pepto and the dulcolax intake if I am in pain I allow it to work for about an hour, then plop on my shoes, as hard as it is to leave the bathroom and I will do laps around the outside of my house or just go for a walk depending if it is nighttime or not. Hope this helps some, I feel all of your pain, and I am sorry this has to happen to anyone.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.