Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried many things and honestly sometimes I had great success and sometimes I just didn't have the patience to wait. I remember the first time I was diagnosed I met a girl who said she drank WHOLE LEAF ALOE VERA JUICE and it cured her IBS-D. Well, I figured it couldn't hurt so I gave it a shot drinking a bottle of that a week. Changing nothing else.I can honestly say it helped, and my symptoms were subsided after about a week or two.I also have eaten lots and lots of hemp seeds and that's been great. I have heard salba is pretty darn good as well.Now, when I got backed up for a few days and I was feeling really horrible and couldn't poo poo at all, I used this pill called Herbal Colon Cleanse, by some company called Arbonne. Turns out the girl I was getting it from doesn't sell it anymore and its' like some kinda weird company like pyramid or something silly like that. It sucks because it worked like a charm!!!! I took two at bedtime with some water, woke up and had a beautiful big poo that was NOT yucky or watery or anything. I could leave the toilet and not worry about accidents throughout the day etc. But those days are over.I can't find the product anymore.So I've resorted to Renew Life's brand, which I am not as happy with but it's okay. It's also a colon cleanse product. Please note, I will take this in my worst states, and I didn't take daily because I don't wanna be taking anything that I may become reliant on. Not that these products are a laxative but I suppose they are sort of similar. Sometimes I just did this for a couple nights to get things moving again.Where I am at today however is totally different! I wanted big changes, I didn't want to keep treating the problem I wanted to get to the root of my problem!I have been to a COLON HYDRO-THERAPIST, for water therapy. It's pricey and horrible! It makes me feel very sick and I apparently do not respond well to the therapy while on the bed and taking in the water and releasing. I do not release my bowls for some reason. The therapist said that I am not a common thing she sees, but luckily I can go to the bathroom and unload there. It's incredible. It feels great to literally empty your entire colon, but it's very time consuming!!So, since I've been in helpful hands of someone who really knows her colons, I've been taking magnesium at night (I was taking 2 tablets at 250mg oxide) but I think I it is the culprit of the diarehha (spelling sorry) which I NEVER EVER get. SO I am resorting to one. I am not liking the lacking results of that either. So I gotta call her. Plus I hate the texture and consistency of my BM with Magnesium. It's nothing like I am used to.I also take IBS Support tablets which I honestly don't think are helping but I don't know for sure because I am also cutting out dairy (might be lactose intolerant) and have been doing pretty good for the last week minus having big huge nice BM's each day.I bought yesterday the FLORA 50 BILLION probiotics tablets as well (PRICEY!!!) but I hear really good things about it.I keep learning what works and what doesn't but there are options!!I'll keep trying, and hopefully get a really good handle on things. Farting is the one symptom that I am trying to center in on as well because it's gross and painful if I don't pass it (another forum topic starting!)I spoke to a surgeon today who does colonoscopies and I said you know my farting is probably the result of not crapping right?? And he said it's very safe to assume that. I know I have some food intolerances but I also know that when I am more constipated than not I am way more gassy than not.I really hope something I've said here might help someone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there. It seems you've been trying everything!I am so sick of my constipation and bloating.... constantly feel 5 months pregnant as my stomach and abdomen are so swollen and heavy with bloating.I am seriously considering colonic irrigation (I think you called it colonic water therapy) - did you find this benificial to your bloating? I feel even after having a BM that I'm still full of poo, backed up competely and carrying it all around with me. Do you think the water therapy would help?I too am trying to find a good remedy for the farting/gas situation. I have stied over the counter pills which include simethicone... but this only relieves stomach gas, not intestinal in my case. If you find anything, let me know!

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi there. It seems you've been trying everything!I am so sick of my constipation and bloating.... constantly feel 5 months pregnant as my stomach and abdomen are so swollen and heavy with bloating.I am seriously considering colonic irrigation (I think you called it colonic water therapy) - did you find this benificial to your bloating? I feel even after having a BM that I'm still full of poo, backed up competely and carrying it all around with me. Do you think the water therapy would help?I too am trying to find a good remedy for the farting/gas situation. I have stied over the counter pills which include simethicone... but this only relieves stomach gas, not intestinal in my case. If you find anything, let me know!
I would have to say that you have nothing to loose but poop by going for a colonic irriation appointment!!!!You will definitely empty you entire bowels in one appointment. It's worth it for the relief experienced and gives you a head start to put good things in and hopefully get things moving out. It's a process, I am not taking to it well unfortunately. I did two treatments which were very uncomfortable while I had the treatment but after I went to the toilet, I was exhausted at what came out of me. But, things just return back to the usual. I go about once a day and it's not HUGE, so it's backing up slowly again. I eat and what comes out is not close to the same portions so I know, I am getting more backed up. I also notice my gas is returning too now that I am getting backed up. I keep trying.... prolly go for another appointment soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shupatra,don't go to all the expense of having a colonic irrigation at a clinic or spa or somewhere like that. Get a combination enema/water bottle/douche system from your local drugstore and follow the procedures at http://chestofbooks.com/health/Isabelle-A-Moser/How-and-When-to-Be-Your-Own-Doctor/Colon-Cleansing-How-To-Give-Yourself-An-Enema.htmldo the colonic every few months for constipation.
Thanks for the link.... I appreciate other options.FYI, the colonic irrigation (colon hydra-therapy) has been benefitial for me because I see a certified therapist in colonic irrigation so she is very knowledgeable and I can get tips from her and suggestions for supplements etc.For me, I think I like the peace of mind that I am in good hands.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i get complete temporary relief when i have hydrotherapy. it relieves all the gas i have trapped in my colon also. yes the enema bag works but is not nearly as thorough for myself as a colonic but it is alot cheaper
i also found fresh vegetable juicing with juiceman and drinking clorophyll water and diluted peppermint oil in water helpful too with gas. i do feel amazingly better after a colonic. good luck, lizz
OH yeah I forgot one more thing that I think is helping right now for me. Wheatgrass! I am taking it for other benefits as well, and fairly new to it as well but wanted to mention it. Lizz, how does that little concoction taste? and how much of it do you drink a day? As needed (when you have gas) or regularly? Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.