Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i'm new to this forum. came here as i am getting no joy with my doctors. i have suffered bowel problems for quite a while now. i alternate between being really constipated to having diarrhea. i have suffered stomach cramping so much that it has been painful to sit down, also sometimes during sex. doctor took some blood samples and said they didnt find anything wrong and it was left at that. I have now been extremely bloated for 2 wieeks! i have diarrhea and wind problems. 1 st doctor did not help at all so i took laxatives incase in was severe constipation. windeze in case in was wind etc... it is so uncomfortable i went back to another doctor. she was baffled as it was not tender to touch. she gave some gastro tablets which again did nothing. i went back again and explained i was not in pain as such but it was extremely uncomforta ble as it is so bloated i am getting back ache and i am have spasms which are a bit like braxton hicks! my stomach is always bloated but sometimes it feels softer less stretched and other times i feel very tight and feel full and bloated all the time, as well as being totally embarassed as i look 7 months pregnant. she then referred me to a stroke ward which was ridiculous. I sat there all day with my 5 y r old where they took blood tests etc. and examined me. a junior doctor told me if they illiminated everything else it could be ibs. i was then told by a senior doctor that they were discharging me as i didn't have anything acute!
i was so angry at my doctor as i now have to wait a week to see her (luckily we had arranged an appointment or it may have been 6 months with my doctor
. i've looked at all the symtoms and i seem to have them all, although i have not noticed any mucus as don't really inspect my poo as a rule lol). i just baffled as to why she has not considered i could have ibs.phew hink i've got it all of my chest now lol.
[[/size]size="3"][/size]

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hello elisenylaThats what we are here for,to get things of your chest,we are all suffering one way or another.At times you do feel as if you are not getting anywhere with Doctors.I have had severe IBS for many years.Normally after blood and stool tests,and if they come back normal and you are still suffering your Doctor maybe would consider a Barium Enema or maybe Colonoscopy to rule other things out,usually if tests like this come back normal,eventually Doctor will diagnose IBS.Do you have another Doctor you could see at your surgery/health centre,you might feel better speaking to someone else.I suffer a lot with bloatedness and the pains i get are agonising,there are many medicines for ibs symptoms,but it would be good for you to have a doctor that is understanding and of course will listen to you.Bloatedness can be caused by what we eat in our diets and sometimes seeing a Dietician could maybe help.Take care

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I THANKS FOR YOUR REPLYS. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT TOMORROW AGAIN
THINK I MIGHT AS WELL TELL THE DOCTOR TO TREAT ME FOR IBS. I SEEM TO HAVE ALL THE SYMPTOMS I'VE SEEN ONLINE AND SHE DOESN'T SEEM TO KNOW WHAT TO DO. I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING ABOUT MY BLOATEDNESS, EVERYTHING MEDICATION I'VE TRIED DOESN'T SEEM TO WORK. THE DOCTOR AT THE HOSPITAL SAID IF THEY RULED OUT EVERYTHING ELSE THEY MAY ASSUME ITS IBS BUT THEN JUST SENT ME HOME.
BEGINNING TO THINK DOCTORS KNOW ABOUT AS MUCH AS WE DO. I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT SHE WOULD HAVE ASKED FOR A STOOL TEST INCASE ITS IBS..I WAS QUITE SHOCKED BY THIS SITE. I WASN'T AWARE SO MANY PEOPLE SUFFERED FROM IBS.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hello CherrypieI do also suffer with wind,if i am honest i am always bloated,have tried elimination diets as they say its what we eat that makes us bloated,but that did not help.I think it is because my bowel does not work properly,if i am not emptying my bowel and there is still something left in it which feels like all the time then i am persistently bloated which is most unpleasant!very rarely does my bloatedness leave me,on an extremely rare occassion when i have had a BM it can ease slightly but after a short while i am bloated again,nightmare!Sorry i am not much help.Take care.x

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hello elisenylaI am so sorry you are having such a difficult time but believe me you are not alone as you have found out.IBS can be a very depressing illness!I do hope you can find some medications that will be of help to you,some people find speaking to a Councellor helpful,it can be long waiting lists for this but maybe worth a try if you feel like it.Good Luck and Take care.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts