Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I'm new to this and I think I may have IBS.

I am trying to get in touch with my doctor atm but calls are busy atm.

I'm 25 years old and have been suffering with constant tummy issues cramping and I am experiencing both diahorrea and constipation in the same day! for the past few weeks on and off.

I have looked up my symptoms online and I have a lot of the symptoms of IBS and I'm just here to look for advice on types of medications I could take and what I could do to help my situation if it is the case that I have it.

I would really love to hear from some of you as this is completely new to me and any advice would be very helpful to me as it has been a struggle the last few weeks.

·
Community Manager
13,221 Posts

I'm 25 years old and have been suffering with constant tummy issues cramping and I am experiencing both diahorrea and constipation in the same day! for the past few weeks on and off.

I have looked up my symptoms online and I have a lot of the symptoms of IBS and I'm just here to look for advice on types of medications I could take and what I could do to help my situation if it is the case that I have it.

I would really love to hear from some of you as this is completely new to me and any advice would be very helpful to me as it has been a struggle the last few weeks.

so sorry you are having problems. the first thing you want to do is make an appointment with a good gastroenterologist. he/she can diagnose you and can prescribe whatever medications they think will help you. good luck with everything. hope you can find some relief. take care.

Reactions: DonnaS139

·
Registered
27 Posts

A GP can diagnose IBS using the ROME diagnostic protocol with 98% accuracy with few if any tests. A GI doc is not needed unless the GP thinks you have other thing going on

1 - 6 of 6 Posts