Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else received this letter?Don't Let Your Irritable Bowel Syndrome Keep You From Being Active.I would like to make you aware of a clinical research study being conducted on diarrhea-predominant Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)Irritable Bowel Syndrome is characterized by:* Abdominal pain* Abdominal discomfort* Change in bowel pattern* Altered stool form or passageIf you have experienced any of these symptoms,you may want to participate in this important study. For more information or to find out if you are eligible to participate,please call us at:1-877-DIGEST 1 1-877-344-3781The above letter was mailed to me and copied word for word. This is meant for informational purposes only. Not to be conscrewed as a form of advertising on my part.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
John, I think but am not 100 percent positive this is for the drug cilestron. I believe also they are studying it in men and women, just so you know. It is kind of a refined lotronex.

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
Don�t mean to be personal, John, and I hope you don�t mind me asking you this question. But do you have diarrhea? Are they targeting you with this particular study because you have diarrhea?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eric,Thanks for your input here...much appreciated.
BonnieI, I had problems with diarrhea on and off for my first 13 years dealing with IBS D. Fortunately for me...ever since I started taking Caltrate Plus and Effexor XR (Antidepressant). My IBS woes along with the diarrhea have been practically non-existent. I cautiously do not use the term "cured",but prefer to state that my IBS D situation is currently under control.
I'm not sure how they got my name,however I suspect that a few years ago,I might have made an inquiry about the subject of IBS through snail mail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.