Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I've had IBS-D (no C at all) since I was 8 years old. I'll be 28 in November. So, I know no life without IBS. I can even remember being a kid and having to have my mom look for the bathroom wherever we were. I've tried all the anti-spasmodics, and none have worked. I've tried all the diets, and none have worked. After visiting this bb, I tried calcium. It has helped, a lot. It has slowly taken away the attacks one at a time. As of Friday, I have had NO attacks. I know that 3 days doesn't seem like much, but to me, it's a miracle. So, here's the gross part. All three of these days, I have had a 'normal' bowel movement. The stool was very well formed. I've had problems with these bowel movements though. I'm not constipated, but, well, I don't know how to say this. It's sort of like trying to pass a camel through the eye of a needle, if you catch my drift. Is this something that will get better? Is it possible that my body is just not used to formed stool and will eventually adapt?------------------The only way to really change is simple choices everyday.stannaw

G

·
Guess what? I have been trying the calcium as well for IBS-D, and I have been having some similar reactions. I have been having normal BMs, but I have had to strain a few times. I also take fibercon (1 pill) in the morning and I think that has helped counterbalance it all...

G

·
Guess what? I have been trying the calcium as well for IBS-D, and I have been having some similar reactions. I have been having normal BMs, but I have had to strain a few times. I also take fibercon (1 pill) in the morning and I think that has helped counterbalance it all...

G

·
stannaw,The first couple of days on calcium I had the same problem, then things got much better. I started taking a little more Citrucel and eating a bit more fiber. Also making sure to drink plenty of water.Mike

G

·
stannaw,The first couple of days on calcium I had the same problem, then things got much better. I started taking a little more Citrucel and eating a bit more fiber. Also making sure to drink plenty of water.Mike

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
After CBT the first couple of formed stools were a bit painful, likely due to my hemaroids not being used to them. After a couple of days it was fine, but that first one or two were
K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
After CBT the first couple of formed stools were a bit painful, likely due to my hemaroids not being used to them. After a couple of days it was fine, but that first one or two were
K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.