Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, is this common in IBS? I get this strong urge to go, then when i get there, I have to strain, and it comes out hard. I mean, the way i feel right before i get there is sooo strong, so why do i have to strain when i get there???? I know then, that it does not all come out, i can only push for so long!!!
Any advise??

G

·
Cookies.... The sensations you are describing are quite familiar to me. Usually when there is that strong urge to go but when you get there you almost have to strain... there is something going on farther up the tract :) Usually later that same day I get D.... the whole tract empties...and my insides don't stop spasming until it does. I don't know if the same is true for you, but for me I think this scenario comes about because of hormonal shifts.

G

·
Cookies.... The sensations you are describing are quite familiar to me. Usually when there is that strong urge to go but when you get there you almost have to strain... there is something going on farther up the tract :) Usually later that same day I get D.... the whole tract empties...and my insides don't stop spasming until it does. I don't know if the same is true for you, but for me I think this scenario comes about because of hormonal shifts.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
cookie, I know that feeling.
I use suppositories to help get things moving. It is usually hard at first and then seems to be followed by softer "stuff". I sometimes think waiting to long to go has something to do with it. I seldom feel like I had a complete exacuation tho.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
cookie, I know that feeling.
I use suppositories to help get things moving. It is usually hard at first and then seems to be followed by softer "stuff". I sometimes think waiting to long to go has something to do with it. I seldom feel like I had a complete exacuation tho.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.