Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to this forum and im only 17 and have IBS and its so Flustrating. I get pains in my lower abdomen that hurs so bad that i feel i want to fork it out or something. Its a pain that I fell i need to be by myself most of the time. I feel like im alone with this time of pain sometimes but im hoping here i can relate to some other people and get some help. And the treatment im on is new and for adults but my GI doctor proscribed it to me its called Zelnorm. Its like 150$ for half month supply. Anyways ive been on it for like a week and it seems like its caused me to have like loose stool. While that im regulary taking a fiber drink that helps as it is. But as ive grew up the stomach pains get worse it seems like. And it hurts so bad that i dont know what to do sometimes, give up even. In my case of IBS it comes with constipation. Also I do suppose i have a eating problem. I dont know what to eat. And if i eat something and get sick after it I wont eat it again. I see it as like superstition. And the thing i hate most about this is i cant go anywhere without getting cramps, and im scared to so much now i dont know what to do. The only thing i really have to keep my mind off this is Skateboarding and webdesign. Hopefully somebody out there can help me. Im wondering if anybody out there has some info maybe to help or something reply here or if you have aol or aim. My sn is BoardTng im usually on. Thx

·
Registered
263 Posts
Oh man, BoardTng! I feel for you sooo much. We've all been there. Have you tried a heating pad for the cramps? Keep drinking lots of fluids, especially that fiber drink. Get lots of 100% fruit juice in you too (6-8 glasses a day) and eat fruit. Just remember to hang in there and that you WILL get better. For me for as long a time it took to come on, that's how long it took to go away.

·
Registered
97 Posts
hey there, im 19, and i dropped out of school because of my IBS, senior year
. i have also had the pain(in my lower left side), but recently i have noticed it went away. i have been doing a few things though, all relatively inexpensive. i take a fiber drink called fibersol(10 grams of fiber per scoop of powder), i take intestive(a seacure product), and i take probiotics(a brand called jarro dophilus). i am far from being healed, but i feel myself getting better. also, you might want to try vegetable juicing, and i posted about homeopathic remedies which i just started. my AIM is freakinJCfreak. im sure there is more i can talk to you about. i believe a lot of IBS is mental, but it is so hard to think positively with this illness. anyway, check out the 3 things i mentioned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.