Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have IBS & Colitis. Right now I've been having what I believe to be gas pains...I'm drinking Ginger Aid by Traditional Medicinals...It seems to be helping. I'll keep drinking it!

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Palm, I like Ginger tea too,
I use it for nausea mostly. But I also use Peppermint tea for gas as it is a natural smooth muscle relaxant. The ginger tasted surprisingly nice though. Hope the tea continues to help. BQ

·
Registered
312 Posts
BQ, What does the peppermint tea help? My gas gets really trapped and rumbles around, does it help it to go through smoother? I've tried peppermint enteric coated capsules but there was no difference.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just wanted to say that I have been drinking Ginger Aid also, and it's helped ALOT with stomach pains and bloating. I drink it after I eat and sometimes between meals, it's great! Whenever I have a stomach ache, drinking the tea seems to make it feel alot better.Stacey

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Oh Flowergirl, So sorry I missed your question...I'm a bit late & probably a $ short but here goes...I haven't tried the capsules. Only the tea. It is actually a natural smooth muscle relaxant, which can relax thy colon and allow trapped gas to get going. Along with some exercise or stretching, it could improve things for you. I think the fact that the tea is hot helps for some reason. When gas is a problem for me, I take a simethicone product like Phazyme or Gas X after each meal. Those products will only break up the gas that they are hanging out with in your GI tract. So taking one after you have been having bad gas for awhile, may not help right away. I would use them after each meal & at bedtime for a few days and then see how you feel. In the mean time, really make an attempt to get your bod moving. Take a brisk walk or do whatever exercise you desire, but just get moving. The exercise itself can also produce those nice endorphins, which always make one feel better.
So I find the peppermint tea works well for me in coordination with a simethicone product after eating and at bedtime as well as exercise.Hope this helps and sorry I was late
BQ

·
Registered
312 Posts
BQ, thanks buddy, will try that soon. Am on antibiotics at the present which are helping (along with the exercise). We don't have the med you suggested in New Zealand but I'll tell my doc the names and see if she has any alternatives.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.