Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading about Fish Odor Syndrome, where the affected people constantly have a fishy odor about them. It is a metabolic illness where the liver cannot metabolise trimethylamine, a chemical produced by naturally occurring intestinal bacteria properly. Does anyone here think perhaps that us Leaky gassers may have some kind of metabolic illness as well? I am just thinking if there is something that can make you smell like fish then maybe there is something that can make you smell like gas or feces.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I had forgotten about the trimethylamine. I'm the sort of guy who needs to bathe more regularly than the average person, so maybe there is a link. However, it is the discomfort in the abdomen and the regular turbulence in the bowel area which makes me think that it is definitely a matter of gas trying to escape.

·
Registered
77 Posts
No matter how many showers I take in a day the smell is always there. I had some people say that no matter what if someone takes a **** and sprays airfreshener it always smells like **** and flowers or fruit. I try to cover up the smell but apparently it doesn't work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.