Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going through this werid phase--here goes...I was put on Zoloft and diagnosed with IBS 8 years ago...For the past 3 months I have been off of the Zoloft and put on Effexor---BAM all my symptoms were gone and I havent felt better moving by bowels normally no symptoms at all---I thought I was cured----Now for the past 2 weeks I have been very gassy and constipated and not a very happy camper..Could my symptoms have been hiding and now coming out the opposite with the gas and constipation....I really thought it was the Zoloft that was making me sick......Has anyone else ever experienced this? Thanks for your help-----------Chris

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
a doctor tell me to take effexor but i was afraid to take brain antidepressor.i still have ibs

·
Registered
3 Posts
i was on prozac for a month when i was 14 and it immediately started giving me d. i switched to celexa and it seemed to be better, but i would get d & c at the same time every now and then. this past october i started experiencing it every day. i think it might be the anti-depressant.

·
Registered
86 Posts
just for the record, i was put on zoloft because of IBS (and OCD) for me it has almost eliminated the panic attacks and has tremendously helped me be able to cope with all the unpleasantness of IBS, but everyone is differentmm

·
Registered
559 Posts
I often wonder what they put in these drugs that most of us freely take.Does anyone know of an online site/link that list these ingredients, I very interested, even if I don't understand the the ingredients. I'd just like to compare what is in one, as opposed to another. This should be interesting, that is if there is such a site, or even something similar.Jadair

·
Registered
559 Posts
It would also be interesting where these ingredients came from. I know they make a lot of them in labs, but do some come from...animals?? or anything else??Jadair

1 - 6 of 6 Posts