Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I really did not realize how common this ailment was. I had just learnt to accept and try to deal with it the best i can.I have had bowel problems and faecal gas, including the burning rubber gas and fish smells. You can tell by the way people react to you and it's devastating as I am a very clean person (It's the smells that bother me the most) for about 24 yrs and over that time have been depressed, suicidal, alcoholic and drug addicted. I have lost many good jobs and found it very hard to have any sort of decent social life apart from hanging out with alcoholics, drug addicts etc. Needless to say it's also been virtually impossible for me to start and maintain any sort of relationship. You could basically say that it has destroyed any sort of chance at having anything like a normal life. I went to doctors ( the first time about 23 yrs ago) and tried to explain to them (with tears) but to no avail; just blank stares, so I gave up on them and believing the problem to be mostly mental embarked on a journey of mind body-medicine and meditation etc. I think that the meditation and learning to relax is what stopped me from killing myself. That and the beer,(I just recently read on another site about a bloke that uses non-alcoholic beer to control IBS and he swears by it). I agree, although for me it only worked while I was drinking the (alcoholic) beer and after that it was worse. I have found some things that are effective over the time but haven't kept up with them and resent the fact that I can't eat like and do the things that other people do.Anyway, I really appreciate this website and have already found some possible solutions. This is also the first time I have been able to talk to anyone about it. ( literally ) as I felt ashamed, embarrassed and unworthy. Thankyou so much to the people behind this site. You are lifesavers. I will continue to pore over this site for solutions and if anyone has any solutions to the abovementioned problems I would be most appreciative. Thankyou, and HELLO to everyone

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.