Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have possibly a strange question, a while back i had medically confirmed what I already knew about my body, when i get ill my thyroid ramps up and my liver function gets to a worrying level inorder to try and get rid of problems faster.A while back my current doctor had the idea of slowing down my thyroid in order for me to gain weight but i was a bit too concerned about the side effects, my IBS is massively improved on my current meds but years on from my nutritional changes my body doesnt seem to be. the hopes is that if I can get my weight to a healthier level my body wont struggle as much as my body will have more fat to use up when needed and not eat at the rest of me.I now have a new doctor and I dont know how good they will be compared to my old one so I am trying to do some research in the 2 weeks it takes to get seen. I was wondering if any of you have had weight issues and know what might help (in the past I have increased my calorie intake very high and no change) or if any of you know what types of meds my last doctor would have been thinking of.the problem is trying to find things that wont cause me problems IBS wise,

·
Registered
311 Posts
have u tested what ur blood glucose levels r during the day, ie: fasting, b 4 eating, 2-3hrs after eating, b 4 bed, during stress..??... sometimes hypothyroidism, can masquerade as hyperthyroidism.........u could b suffering from adrenals issues..........aldosterone has alot to do with D........another thing u might try to find out, is r u dumping sugar in ur urine..........this would keep u from storing the glucose as fat for usage..........there r many things that can cause these kinds of things..........have u looked up the symptoms of both hyper & hypothyroidism..??..........they overlap alot.........insulin is the hormone that stores fat, but if u have something wrong with the whole process of storing fat, then it's doesn't happen............maybe ur pancreas is not working properly..........hope any of this helps.........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.