Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently been diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis. It is an immune disease that meansmy immune system is attacking my thyroid as a foreign object. One of the many side effects isconstipation. My TSH always came back within normal limits, but the Dr. found noducles on mythyroid. Has anyone else found that their constipation was a result of their thyroid?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have recently been diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis. It is an immune disease that meansmy immune system is attacking my thyroid as a foreign object. One of the many side effects isconstipation. My TSH always came back within normal limits, but the Dr. found noducles on mythyroid. Has anyone else found that their constipation was a result of their thyroid?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I haven't been diagnosed with Hashimoto's, but I probably have it since my mother was diagnosed with it and I've was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid when I was 17. When I first started trying to figure out was wrong, the first thing the doctor did was put me on synthroid (right now I'm at 75 MCG, but based on the way I've been feeling, I think the dosage will probably go up when I go back to the doctor's next month).For me, the synthroid only alleviates constipation for the first week the dosage is changed; by the end of the week, I'm back to the way I was before, so I don't really know to what extent my constipation relates to my thyroid.Also, when I was first looking for a diagnosis, I found research suggesting that IBS, hypothyroidism, endometriosis, and autoimmune disorders were all correlated; having one makes it more likely that you have another.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.