Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My system hasn't been feeling right since I had dinner at an Italian place this past week. Lots of bloating, gas, bellyaches, acid, etc. I hadn't gone to the bathroom in 5 days, and today I finally went. I wasn't even constipated - I didn't have to strain, and everything came out OK, but after I finished, I got a tight feeling in my abdomen, like it was clenched.It is settling down some now, but is still there a little. It wasn't painful, just strange. I also got a mild stomachache with it and felt like I had to go again. I'm starting to think my IBS is coming out of remission and kicking up again.
Has anyone out there ever had this?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I can't identify with all the exact same symptoms, but I certainly get that tight feeling quite often. It feels like a result of being scared or nervous, almost like a "fight or flight" response." But I know in my mind there is nothing I fear, dread or feel nervous about. It's just the feeling of fear without an actual known fear. This feeling really worsens and intensifies bloating when it persists. I think it's entirely a nerve-muscle thing that does not involve foods or liquids.It just feels like my abdomen is trying to prepare itself to dodge a bullet or hard punch (which with my "padding" from the bloating, I feel I could handle!)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.