Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will my ibs be a 'till death do us part?' Oiy I sure hope not. I am determined not to die with this disease. FDA, please don't fight Solvay too much and give us a fighting chance to have a NORMAL lifeJust venting today

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I am sorry you are feeling so frustrated by this. As anyone who was using Vioxx knows, the FDA is not 100% dependable, either. At the risk of getting a cyber-slap, have you tried Caltrate, Questran/Colestid, Ibsacol, Mike's Tapes and CBT? Aloe? Mangosteen? Flavonoids?As we all know, different things work on different causes and effects. All of these have helped some people. One of them might well help you. There is nothing better than seeing IBS disappear through the rear view mirror.Mark

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have IBS for 5 years, and have noticed it getting worse over the years. but when I think back, I obviously didnt know how to handle it then! Now, I do know to a point anyway, and have pretty much accepted it is part of my life. Not something I want to accept, and dont get me wrong, it does get me down, but I;ll keep plodding along, trying anything new, and one day I'll get there, as I'm sure you will too! Good luck!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
overitnowYes, I have tried Aloe, Flavonoids, Caltrate, digestive enzymes, probiotics. Hypnotherapy from a psychologist, accupuncture, chiropractic, massage/foot refloxogy, all kinds of diet manipulation, and yes Questran and other meds. Have not tried Mike's tapes as I don't have the kind of d described as urgency/pain etc. Just have this stupid kind of ibs doc calls it post infectious ibs. God only knows what is the answer to it. Something undiscovered by science as yet I think.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I HATE IBS AND IT IS SLOWLY DESTROYING MY LIFE. IT HAS ONLY GOTTEN WORSE OVER THE YEARS. I AM SO MISERABLE. I AM DEPRESSED. I CAN'T KEEP A JOB. I GET SEVERE ANXIETY ATTACKS BECAUSE OF THE PAIN AND ALL THE SYMPTOMS. I HATE THIS. I CAN SEE WHY SO MANY PEOPLE WITH IBS THINK ABOUT ENDING IT. I LOVE LIFE BUT I WANT TO BE SYMPTOM FREE OR AT LEAST HAVE FEWER BOUTS OF THIS DREADED DISEASE.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is some encouraging news, or a ray of hope maybe. I wrote to Solvay to ask if they are going to conduct any further trials on Cilansetron then I would like to volunteer. They responsed back, I cannot paste/forward the response so am going to type it out."Please discuss with your physician. If he/she would like to pursue participation in this type of initiative on your behalf, please ask them to contact our clinical department for more information."From Sean WebsterVice-President Corporate Affairssean.webster###solvay.comhttp://www.solvaypharma.caTel 1 800 268 1546 ext 362I can't wait to get my appointment with my gi doc. Will also fax it to him and see his response. I think if we bombard the medical community enough it may help with getting the drug approved. Collectively we can make a strong statement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.