Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am relatively new here (plus I live in the boondocks)so I don't know if anyone has posted this before but here goes. Kleenex has a new product called Cottonelle Moist Flushable Wipes. They are like baby wipes but flushable. I am addicted to them and Cottonelle quilted double roll toilet paper!!
Another bit of info - to "clear the air" in the bathroom I have found that a simmering potpourri pot with scented OIL in it works wonders. The simmering water based liquid evaporates in no time flat, but the oil lasts forever! (I buy Craven's scented oil in a large bottle and pour enough to cover the bottom of the pot)Does anyone else out there have any tips or tricks? Please share!!------------------Happiness is a warm puppy. -Charles Schultz

G

·
The Tucks wipes (the ones with witchhazel) really feel good on my sore b*tt after several episodes of bad D. Also, the store brands of these are usually a LOT cheaper than the brand name. There are also some in little 'traveler packs' or individual packets that can be put in a purse. Oh, BTW, if you keep the lid closed very tightly on the container, you can ignore the expiration date printed on the container. I have some that are 2 years past the date and they are still fine.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
For keeping the "room" smelling good: I buy Yankee Candles. I can't believe how much wonderful scent comes out of those little candles! You can get them in little jars that are perfect for the bathroom, and they last longer than tapers or votives. Their website is: http://www.yankeecandle.com/ ------------------Fear can hold you prisoner.......hope can set you free.Missycat

G

·
I love the Cottonelle wipes, we have them at all 3 toilets. Here we refer to them as "butt wipes." So I second the vote for the wipes.I've also found vaseline petroleum jelly to work really well on an irritated bum. AFter a bout of D or just lots of wiping, the petroleum jelly is very soothing.For an air freshener, I mix water in a spray bottle and add 10-15 drops of essential oil. I love the smell of peppermint since it's very refreshing. Just shake the bottle every time and spray---instant air freshener.Ann

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh Ann, I love your air freshener idea!! My office is too cheap to buy air freshener so I usually stock up when they are on sale and put them in there for my use. This will save me mucho dinero! Thanks!------------------Happiness is a warm puppy. -Charles Schultz

·
Registered
247 Posts
Here's my suggestion for the sore b*tt blues. Being a guy who doesn't carry a purse, I found a small tube of lubricant (like KY) that I carry around with me. It fits right in my pocket and I can put it on any toilet tissue I am using. Not only does this aid in cleansing, but it also reduces irritation. I leave for Australia on monday and plan on having this with me at all times.All KY is is a water-based lubricant. Some may be embarassed to buy it, but my guess is that most of us living with IBS have learned that words and actions that used to be embarassing are now part of our daily routines.Let me know if this works for you.-------------------Dan

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Ozium,is a great air freshener,for anything the car,bathroom ect..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts