Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been suffering from IBS for 2 years now.It all started when a denist made me take a strong antibodic called "Clindamycin"-For a impacted root canal...this antibodic wiped out all the bad enzymes but also all the good enzymes in my stomach. After 3 month of Chronic diarrhea I went to see my doctor. He told me to take fiber pills and call him in a month...This did NOT help. My condition only got worse and after some time and a few more doctors visits and full exams my doctor told me I needed to see a Gastroenterologist...that I might have colitis...More awkward tests, stool samples and even Colonoscopy and the Gastroenterologist tells me that I might have a mild ulcerative colitis or IBS. He prescribes me1.Donnatal2.AsacolI still suffer from abdominal pain, chronic loose stool, frequent bowel movements, diarrhea, and/or constipation. Also feel fatigued and bloated alot.I am new to this forum and am wondering what others here have tired to treat their IBS.Has anyone tryed DIGESTRIN?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I've never heard of Digestrin. Currently I'm taking: Magnesium Citrate, bioflavanoids, digestive enzymes, and dulcolax for IBS-C. It helps a bit. Look on all the boards. In the D board they talk about using calcium to help with D. I also suffer from a lot of pain, not much seems to control it. It's getting a bit better the less time I'm constipated. Listen to the people around here, they've got lots of good advice. I hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I'm new here, too. This bout, the worst I've ever had, started a few weeks ago with the dentist for me as well.Anyway, I've been trying an herbal remedy and also got a lot of good info from this site:../The diet info she has on there has been a huge help to me.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I was all D (for daily) for 10 years. I have been free of this for about 6 years with a flavonoid supplement (grape seed and skin, ginko biloba, etc.). I have overcome an abundance of health problems with supplementation, diet and exercise and am not alone with success from that approach. I am quite sure that avenue remains open to anyone who wants to explore it.Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.