Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for this negative post, but I have to vent.I'm tired of fighting this. I've fought for everything I've got. I grew up in poverty and fought for an education and acceptance from the community. In the working world I fought for years to get to where I am job wise. I've fought many other things as well. And now I'm fighting IBS just to keep everything I fought so hard for.Well, I'm tired of fighting! I can't wait until I can just let go of everything!

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Hi Antonio, Yep, that's a pretty heavy load.I've felt that way myself at times.Just mad about the whole trip.What it takes to get better, and what it affects in ones personal life.I know for me, so much of my life has changed because of IBS and the other problems that seem to be traveling (at least in time sequence) with the whole IBS problem.Now they can say one does not have anything to do with another but heck, when they are all happening at the same time, who really cares to pick at the "criterias" of justification.When you hurt you hurt.When it's hard it's hard.And to me, that's all me or my doctors need to know because from there, help arrives to rescue us from our nightmare.You know Antonio, I have gotten jumped on here at this BB for taking the meds my doctors have prescribed.But you know what?Those meds, which are indeed the right meds for me, have improved the quality of my life considerably.For the first time in a really long long time, I feel hopeful about the future and I feel good about my medical treatment and I finally like my doctors.I now feel that my current doctors are smartand I now feel that someday, in the future, a new and improved version of my life will arrive on the wings of some etheric angel.Antonio, we each have, in the essential being, the answers for our maladies.We just have to decode the messages from the body and figure out how process and procedure fit in with body and chemsitry.And THAT I do believe is the big key.I can only hope that the current things I have found that are making things much much better, continue to work and help me proced to the next stage of inner healing.I know you have your very own personal key that will work with you as an individual.I hope and pray that the inspiration for direction arrives quickly and clearly for you to feel that progress is possible.No, your post is not at all negative in my point of view.When one is chronically ill, it really is a very healing thing to vent.Better to vent here than keep that stuff inside to mess with your body or to allow the frustration to disrupt your very importnat relationships.BB's are for helpful venting.Family life is for enjoying.Balance well and soon, life will come around to a better place of well being.Take Care.Be Well,Kamie

·
Registered
337 Posts
Antonio,I can't relate exactly, but I haven't even really got a chance to do much yet
22, and been sick for a couple years now. Things were going pretty well.. job opportunities, great fiance, decent money..
S'all gone now, but I'm still hopeful. I think things will work out for us antonio, takes a while, but things usually work themselves out.
Hopefully everyone here will find a way to stop feeling sick, and get their lives back on track. Wishing you well,ben

·
Registered
271 Posts
There is a reason I earned my nickname! Venting is good for the soul. And misery loves company and I try to share all I can! I've been down and out since early summer. At my job they have had to now fill my position. Some guy's name is on the brass plate where my name used to be. I didn't get to take our scheduled vacation last month. And nobody else living in this house is aware of how the laundry gets folded, how to get the dust off of the furniture, how or why do toilets get cleaned, or how to bath a dog! (I could really go on with my house cleaning woes!)I'm trying, but I'm so weak and I tire easly. I don't know how I will get my Christmas shopping done. I can't even finish the food shopping. About halfway through the "wall of exhaution" hits and I quit shopping and check out and go home. Next time I start where I left off.For some life just isn't as easy. Not fair, but I can always say I'm a better person for it. Down sucks, up may be a long way off, but eventually it finds us. My family relies on me to be the strong one in times of crisis. They all panic, freak, don't know how to act around doctors or what a lot of lingo means. I've been there done that - way too many times. I can get right in the middle and make sure they feel safe. Sad part is I have no one to fulfill that role for me. But it is a blessing to so many that I can help them. Some of us are prepared and given strengths and wisdom that during the training, you just can't see far enough down the road to appreciate 'why I have to do this'. Reminds me of algebra. Look for the silver linings, paint them on the walls if you have to. And feel free to be sad, angry, tired, lost, broken......and feel free to vent.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Glad you are feeling better! My mom has IBS and there are days she cries and swears she is never going to feel better so what is the point of trying. Then in a few days she is back to her old self and loving life again. I think that has alot to do with the emotional damage this disease does to you. You never know if you are going to have a good day or bad day and never know when it will start or end. I feel so bad for my mom and all of you who suffer this terrible disease. I pray for all of you and hope that your happy days far out weigh you bad. God bless you all!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Dear Antonio and other friends:I know that "just tired of it all" feeling too well!I was in town out test driving a car with my son on Saturday. All of a sudden I get the two second warning. Thank goodness we were near my church.(That place has been such a haven for me when I feel a D accident coming on more times than I can tell you!!)I went in my pants but I nothing happened in the car thankfully, went into the church's restroom and cleaned up, chewed an Immodium and stuck in under my tongue. He bought the car, but I was down for the count the rest of the weekend.Horrible, horrible. I find those accidents to be terrible set backs for me.m-

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Antonio, I am so glad you are feeling better.And the rest of our buddies here who are caught in the frustration of the IBS moment, HANG IN THERE!It's tough. Really tough.I keep hearing that there's no cure for this problem that doesn't get alled a disease.Well, to me that's just not right thinking.So, today, I have decided to live in my own little reality.In my reality I see IBS as a disease because nuthin that makes this much chaos and this much pain looks pretty diseaseful to me.Secondly, I absolutely REFUSE to accept the reality that there is no cure.So, all yu folks who always think I'm confused, don't even bother to come lecture me on the IBS facts and figures.Because see, it's getting to look a lot like Christmas and Christmas is the seasons for miracles, and I believe in Christmas and goodness and Miracles and this year, for my holiday gift to the world, I'm thinking positive.The biggest frustration for me with IBS is the whole "it's doesn't exist as a disease" stuff.So Queen of nonreality here now dubs the IBS monster as official in fantasyland.And Queen of fantasyland here has written an edict of discovery.To one and all, May this holiday season bring us hope and help and goodness and may all our long and confusing questions be answered with a whole new approach and reality based on compassions, understanding and the release from the prision of pain and grief.And if anyone needs to take me to task for not being"official" here, then so be it, because today I'm feeling pretty hopeful and I'm just gifting the world.Hugs and HOPE,Never stop believing in miracles.Kamie

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
KamieI love to read what you write...You have a wonderful attitude towards IBS..and yes this is a season for Miracles...I am starting to learn that the negative energy I put out in the universe stays there until I do something about it...Sometimes that takes a while for me to change..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.