Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Tired, Tired, Tired

389 views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Jared 
G
#1 ·
I feel exhausted like I can sleep 24-7. I slept most of yesterday and half of today. Even in my worst depressions I was never this tired. Has anyone else experienced this?Thank you!~Diane

#3 ·
When I had upper airway sleep disorder a bouncing baby cousing of sleep apnea that does pretty much the same sort of thing.How well are you eating? Food is fuel and if you are mucking up your eating that can make you really tired.Do you snore? If you do and it is loud it may be worth getting a sleep study done to see if you can breath alright when you sleep.Do you kick in your sleep? Restless leg syndrome is another fairly common sleep problem that can make you tired all day long.Do you have allergies? Is your thyroid OK?Do you have a sore throat/swollen glands a lot or sore muscles? It may be worth checking out Chronic Fatigue or Fibromyalgia and see if those seem like part of the problem.K.------------------I am a scientific researcher primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have no ties to the pharmaceutical industry. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

#2 ·
When I had upper airway sleep disorder a bouncing baby cousing of sleep apnea that does pretty much the same sort of thing.How well are you eating? Food is fuel and if you are mucking up your eating that can make you really tired.Do you snore? If you do and it is loud it may be worth getting a sleep study done to see if you can breath alright when you sleep.Do you kick in your sleep? Restless leg syndrome is another fairly common sleep problem that can make you tired all day long.Do you have allergies? Is your thyroid OK?Do you have a sore throat/swollen glands a lot or sore muscles? It may be worth checking out Chronic Fatigue or Fibromyalgia and see if those seem like part of the problem.K.------------------I am a scientific researcher primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have no ties to the pharmaceutical industry. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

G
#5 ·
I am allways tired, but it is caused mostly by my Lupus, now the IBS makes me even more tired and I MUST take an afternoon nap. The more tired I get the more my gut acts up.------------------Brenda S, R.N.This too shall pass !Although I am a nurse, nothing I say here should be taken as medical advice, its only personal experience. See your own doctor for any medical questions & answers.

G
#4 ·
I am allways tired, but it is caused mostly by my Lupus, now the IBS makes me even more tired and I MUST take an afternoon nap. The more tired I get the more my gut acts up.------------------Brenda S, R.N.This too shall pass !Although I am a nurse, nothing I say here should be taken as medical advice, its only personal experience. See your own doctor for any medical questions & answers.

G
#13 ·
Yep. I can definitely relate to the tiredness thing.In my case (I am IBS-D, and I mean DDDDD!), its the nutritional compromise I have I think makes me so tired plus I am on a very restricted diet due to food intolerances (wheat, meat and dairy free).Also, the nausea, dehydration and pain of having the constant trots really takes its toll and in a week like this week when my symptoms are so severe I can't leave the house, after a couple of days I feel dizzy and exhausted.I just take it slow and drink vegetable broth and loads of water.I just remember that noi matter how bad it gets it will pass and just hope I don't end up in hospital with malnutriton.So, if anyone does have any good ideas for the tiredness I would also like to hear them.------------------Take CareEmGood, better, best. Never let it rest. Till your good is better and your better best.

G
#12 ·
Yep. I can definitely relate to the tiredness thing.In my case (I am IBS-D, and I mean DDDDD!), its the nutritional compromise I have I think makes me so tired plus I am on a very restricted diet due to food intolerances (wheat, meat and dairy free).Also, the nausea, dehydration and pain of having the constant trots really takes its toll and in a week like this week when my symptoms are so severe I can't leave the house, after a couple of days I feel dizzy and exhausted.I just take it slow and drink vegetable broth and loads of water.I just remember that noi matter how bad it gets it will pass and just hope I don't end up in hospital with malnutriton.So, if anyone does have any good ideas for the tiredness I would also like to hear them.------------------Take CareEmGood, better, best. Never let it rest. Till your good is better and your better best.

#14 ·
It may sound kind of corny, but what time do you go to bed? Some people just need earlier bedtimes than others (I'm definitely one of those people). If I stay up late, even if I get a good 8 hours sleep I'll be lethargic the next day.Also consider your work schedule. I was really tired all the time and couldn't figure out why... until I thought about the fact that I have an hour commute to work and worked about 10 hours a day. Even people in the best of health are going to tire quickly with that kind of schedule.And the other posts all make good points as well. Vitamin deficiency, improper eating habits, etc. all have an exaggerated effect on IBSers thanks to our "hypersensitive colons." Plus lots of people have multiple conditions. For example my mom has fibromyalgia, osteo-arthritis, IBS, and recently had breast cancer. Her doctors have a hell of a time figuring out what illness is causing what symptoms. -- Jared

#15 ·
It may sound kind of corny, but what time do you go to bed? Some people just need earlier bedtimes than others (I'm definitely one of those people). If I stay up late, even if I get a good 8 hours sleep I'll be lethargic the next day.Also consider your work schedule. I was really tired all the time and couldn't figure out why... until I thought about the fact that I have an hour commute to work and worked about 10 hours a day. Even people in the best of health are going to tire quickly with that kind of schedule.And the other posts all make good points as well. Vitamin deficiency, improper eating habits, etc. all have an exaggerated effect on IBSers thanks to our "hypersensitive colons." Plus lots of people have multiple conditions. For example my mom has fibromyalgia, osteo-arthritis, IBS, and recently had breast cancer. Her doctors have a hell of a time figuring out what illness is causing what symptoms. -- Jared

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.