Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:I'm fairly new to the board AND to the wonderful world of IBS. Like you, I've been dx'd by a GI after going thru ALL the tests. I've also been a chronic anxiety/ PD sufferer off and on for many years, although the full blown GI symptoms came on over the last 6 months when a recent bout of PD started up again. I've used BZD's occasionally when the anxiety problems have flared. Very familiar with their use. My BZD of choice is Klonopin because of it's long half life, etc. but I think Xanax is an excellent drug as well (when used properly). My Q to you is you mention how the Xanax helped clear up the D you had. I'm wondering if there were any other IBS symptoms that it helped with as well. At first with me D was a strong symptom. However, with diet changes, etc. D is really a small part of my current symptoms Right now I'm struggling with cramping, intestinal gurgling, frequent BM's (formed) and queasyness/nausea which drive me NUTS! Just wondering if Xanax helped you with any of these (if you were experiencing them) Thanks for viewing.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Hello Dinty,I never had nausea (that's my sister's thing) or severe cramping, but certainly had the gurguling and gas. In fact, I remember one night in the midst of it I get a very upsetting call about my parents and my intestines started to make noise and felt like they were knotting within 10 minutes. Then bad D. But mainly multiple, liquid D (sorry for the gross description) 3-5 times per morning plus sometimes after dinner. Xanax stopped the D within 48 hours and I've never had that or any of the other problems since though my external stress level remains as high. Take care.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.