Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Degalled Team:Well, mom saw the surgeon yesterday and said her's is functioning only at 8 percent!!! He said she needs it out very soon. She has had two more attacks this week and is very weak now. She explained to the dr. how sick she is & how all the other doctors told her it was all in her head. He told her that he understood and would make her feel a lot better. And he was so nice by sitting down & explaining everything to her and my step-dad. He also mentioned that 5 % of people do not feel 100 % better after the surger but they do get some relief. And since hers is so bad, he figures that she will feel a lot better! Keykate- hope you are doing better & Linda Too. Thanks Again Charlie for starting the degalled team!!Bye- Birdie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Glad to hear your mom is getting hers removed. My mother went through the same problem, only her's got so bad that when they tested it the percentage was zero. It didn't respond at all and she was vomiting non-stop, and in so much pain and this went on for a year. Same thing, she was told it was all in her head.After her surgery, the surgeon didn't even get it sent to the lab for examination, he cut it open right away and it was diseased so bad.I'm going in for my test on Monday to see what's going one with mine. I'm bound determine not to end up like my mom did.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
wow birdiethat is good news,i think you may call it that!just how hard is it to figure out that some have a bad gallbladder,wit all the tools in the world to do it,now someone else has to suffer for a whole year again!whats wrong with picture!are they useing a gallbladder as a medical scam or something,look at all tha $$$$$ spent on tell your mon its all in her head,someone is getting rich here,who pays for that year of pain your mon got to endure,how do i get my year back? or kathy or lindab,what the hell going on here!!take our cases and times others the numbers must be staggering making people suffer for this,these doctors better wake up!thats make 5 of us now just within the first part of this year,beats me,well so much for me running my mouthi wish your mom well on her operation and a speedy return to being healthy againcharlie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Birdie,I bet you'r Mom will feel 100% better after she gets that rotten old thing out. Bless her heart, I will pray for her surgery & recovery.Anne

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. Yeah, I think the medical practice is making lots of money from people too - sorrily to say, at the expenses & pain of many people. It's just not right. Twoki - I'd keep any eye on yours too. Kathy said she was told it can be hereditary. And Anne, my mom can use all the prayers she can get.What I can't believe is that she suffered for 9 years. The only way it ended was from me and what I learned on this board! Then she had to beg her family doctor into scheduling the test! A test that should be standard practice. My aunt is a nurse and she said what happened is called "Lazy Medicine." Unfortunately it seems most doctors are pretty "lazy" anymore. Well, I've done enough "medical bashing." Bye- Birdie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL, you'd think we would get a discount for lazy medicine wouldn't you?And yes Birdie, I'm watching mine because it's been acting up (of course, not according Dr. Gasbag) for the past few years.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Another one bites the dust, huh Birdie? Did the surgeon say anything about the amount of time she would be in the hospital to recover? I just hope getting that useless dead thing out of there will make her feel as much better as I do. Not 100% back yet, but close.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, all - took a day off from the bb (in case you were wondering - so much to do, so little time to do it all in!) - but was glad to read that your (birdie) mom is finally getting this taken care of. Tell her to take THREE weeks off after the surgery, OK? Honestly, I don't know WHY gallbladder is the last thing these docs look for - seems like it should be the first!I am actually feeling a bit better these past couple of days (which is why I'm making hay - so to speak - because I suspect it won't last (is the cup half full or half empty
)). The burning has toned done (not gone, but not as bad). My bms have been more normal than since the surgery (where else could I say this without a red face?
) and I've gained about 4 pounds (and I'm NOT eating any more - I just think my body is happy to have the diseased junk out of it! Sigh - I guess it's back to the ol' diet for me
) But I'm not complaining - I just hope I continue to feel good. Birdie - tell your mom not to have too high expectations after the surgery - she has been sick for a long time and I think that's why I took longer to recover. But it's been a month, now, and it's getting better slowly for me. I'm really glad you are getting your's checked out - no need to suffer as long as your mom!Lazy medicine - I do believe you've coined another favorite Parkview bb phrase, Birdie!! Congratulations!!Kathy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know if it's too late to reply to this post i.e. will anyone see it, but I am amazed at how many IBSers have had GB trouble. My doc scanned several stones in my gb and sent me to the surgeon. He said that they won't take it out until I am in excruciating pain??! He says my IBS pain has nothing to do with my gall bladder, yet, I have 2 sisters with IBS who had their GBs out. I'm in a small town in western Canada & we only have one gastro-guy & 2 surgeons here and a very long waiting list for surgery. I suppose that has more to do with the surgeon telling me not to have the surgery than helping me. What I want to know is, for those who have been through this, did your IBS really get any better after your surgery? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
hi me poo tooto answer your queationmYES, ibs did get better like about 95% for me still have some trouble in the morning with bowel movments,still some constipation,but theen again i can't complain,here is what ia gonenauses,back ache,shoulder pain;leg ache,and my all over feeling of not feeling good is gone,oh and no more trips to the ER,that is the good part the ATTACKS have stopped
after 2 years of modern medicine,i have no gall!aand my spelling got worst ha ha ha charlie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Me Too Poo - I've only had surgery 5 1/2 weeks ago, and my gallbladder was badly infected and needed to come out, regardless of a surgeon's opinion that my IBS would or would not get better. I've actually had MORE problems with my intestines since the surgery and a lot less problems with my stomach - plus the pain is gone and I have a lot more energy. All things considered, I'd rather live without the blasted thing! Good luck to you!Kathy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts