Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To people who are IBS-C sufferers.I have been able to go almost daily but I still experience uncomfortable bloating and irritablility.I don't get it. Anybody else have this?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
These are my symptoms exactly. However, the only reason I can go daily is because I take milk of magnesia daily. Anyway, I feel wonderful when I wake up and go, but as the day goes on, no matter what I eat (or even if I eat), I will always get more bloated and feel as though more always needs to come out. It is likely functional abdominal bloating (bloating that just "happens" for no reason). I live each bloated moment in anticipation of the next day the milk of magnesia will work. Also, it could be gas, and it could be fluid imbalances. Be sure you get enough water. I drink 14 8-oz. glasses (mostly because of the milk of magnesia), but usually, unless I have a very violent explosion in my abdomen, I am always bloated and I always feel the desire to get rid of anything in my abdomen.

G

·
Hi beach,Yes, I have that. I have been cutting way back on cows milk and carbs to see if that helps. So far, I have noticed a little bit of relief, but have only been doing this for a couple of weeks. I need more time to see if it really helps.I also drink lots of water and exercise four times a week. Citracel helps to keep things moving without causing me excess gas too.Good luck.Michelle

·
Registered
122 Posts
Oh my gosh - I am so glad to find people who are dealing with exactly what I am going through. I am IBS-C most of the time with CONSTANT bloating and abdominal pain. (Feeling it right now in fact). It happens after eating almost anything. Sometimes to make myself go, I'll eat chocolate - I'll be sure to have a BM after that and might feel better. But that doesn't always get rid of the bloating. It's usually gone in the morning, but happens again right when I eat something. AD, when do you take the Milk of Magnesia? I'm willing to try anything. When I prepped for the Flex Sig it was so nice to be void of anything in my belly and actually be able to see what I look like without the bloated pooch (at least I know what I'll look like when I am pregnant). Luckily I am smart enough to know that cleaning out like that is not a healthy thing to do on a regular basis. Sorry I couldn't offer any cures of my own, but I don't have any
Any other suggestions for this condition are much needed.Good luck everyone!

G

·
Yes...totally know what you are talking about! Happened yesterday...although it was probably because I was eating and drinking waaaaaaayyyyy too much!!! Anyway, I took some midol and it really helped with the bloating and the pain.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi beach:I'm both C & D, and I noticed a big difference in the bloating when I started taking probiotics. I rarely get it now. I can't swear that it's the probiotics that have helped, but I bet it is!When I am C I am very, very, very irritable! Luckily I respond very well to diet, and as long as I have plents of fruits, veggies and complex carbs I'm ok. But sometimes I get lazy, even though I know better.We're all in the same boat. At least we can complain to each other.
JeanG

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I have been using milk of magnesia every night for the past 3 years. If I am lucky, it will work the next day. The more I eat, the weaker its effect. I must take it on a very empty stomach. The less I eat, the more that comes out. Fiber and fiber therapy for me is useless. Just like you however, I live with bloating which worsens when I eat. I get much worse if I eat several small meals during the day. I wish I could just have excessive D every few hours.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi Beach,I am also a C & D type. I can get really
irritable when I get bloated. I hate the feeling!! The gas is also another trigger for my temper.I usually find that when I am bloated, I drink a cup of peppermint tea, and it sooths the bloating for a few hours. But try to drink lots of water, it does help.Good Luck

G

·
i feel the exact same way. There isn't one thing i can eat that doesn't bloat me to some extent. It is just constant, dull pain. I think it is worse than acute pain. At least that ends. I took a laxative the other day and it helped a little but I still can't go after that. I just don't understand it. I have been trying the magnesium and aloe vera. I just can't see myself living like this the rest of my lifeMatt

·
Registered
428 Posts
HI BeachI read that there are basically three kinds of IBS, C, D and D & C. I have D & C, sometimes go three times a day, but still feel bloated, gassy etc. I've had this for ten + years and I'm pretty convinced it is a problem with motility - the natural movement of the gut is disturbed. I eat small meals, frequent meals, try to exercise regularly and use hypnotherapy tapes for relaxation. There is also a drug (Zelmac) due out soon, I think, specifically targeted at IBS-C sufferers. Best of luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts