Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
jenjen, I dont know if I have IBS or what I have got. I just know I have had d for years.it isnt getting better no matter what i take. Had gallbladder removed 7 yrs ago...had d before it was removed,,had it after as well. Then 2 months ago had a hernia repair done but along with it the surgeon removed 18 inches of i ntestine, still d. One doctor suggested I might have IBS but did nothing to help me. Went to gastro doc. had a colonscopy done..removed 5 polyps still no help. So where does that leave me? If I am lucky in a bathroom if not dirty undies....

·
Registered
544 Posts
hi jayneeit sounds like you would do well to seek out another gastro doc, or get back to the one who did the colonoscopy/polyp removal and get assertive about your condition (like, do all tests point to you having IBS) and what medications could help you.i had a colonoscopy done twice in my lifetime and no polyps or signs of other causes for my symptoms. the doc said i have ibs and first put me on lotronex which is now unavailable. i tried bentyl for just a short while and didnt do well on it. my gastro told me there isnt much out there to help me, and since my ibs D isnt severe, she didnt want to put me on any other medication. i started taking immodium and its working almost as well as the lotronex did.i'm lucky enough to be doing well on immodium alone, but many people here take different medications like anti-spasmodics and such for their D. i hope you look into this. let me know if i can help ,jj

·
Registered
544 Posts
hi jayneeit sounds like you would do well to seek out another gastro doc, or get back to the one who did the colonoscopy/polyp removal and get assertive about your condition (like, do all tests point to you having IBS) and what medications could help you.i had a colonoscopy done twice in my lifetime and no polyps or signs of other causes for my symptoms. the doc said i have ibs and first put me on lotronex which is now unavailable. i tried bentyl for just a short while and didnt do well on it. my gastro told me there isnt much out there to help me, and since my ibs D isnt severe, she didnt want to put me on any other medication. i started taking immodium and its working almost as well as the lotronex did.i'm lucky enough to be doing well on immodium alone, but many people here take different medications like anti-spasmodics and such for their D. i hope you look into this. let me know if i can help ,jj

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.